Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got into atv sand drags. I've been drag racing cars and riding dirt bikes so i decided to give this a shot. Its just that i dont know really where to start. I bought a 2005 Raptor 660. I wanna build this bike strictly for drag racing. My budget is about $5000. If you have any suggestions let me know what i should do. Anything from tearing the engine down to as simple as bolt ons.

·
VALVE DROPPER
940 Posts
You are gonna get a ton of folks that think you should sell the 660 and build a 700 based drag bike.. And they are probably right, I know I would.. But, there are a bunch of fast ass 660's out there and it can be done... Either way, good luck with it... Where are you located at?

·
Registered
474 Posts
I just got into atv sand drags. I've been drag racing cars and riding dirt bikes so i decided to give this a shot. Its just that i dont know really where to start. I bought a 2005 Raptor 660. I wanna build this bike strictly for drag racing. My budget is about $5000. If you have any suggestions let me know what i should do. Anything from tearing the engine down to as simple as bolt ons.
Welcome to the forum. Well, it all depends on how big motor you wana build. Do you wana take it to the max or somewhere in high midle area? There are a lots of drag quads out there with different builds. Some drag race quads have just 719cc motor and you can go up to 830+ motor... Here is the link to 660 Displacement Bore Stroke Chart:

http://www.raptorforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76577

·
Registered
474 Posts
Also, besides rasing bore and stroke, you need a good duals exausts, port and polish your head (drag port), +1mm valves, 39FCR carbs, stage 3 cams, CP stroker piston (if you go more then +4mm stroke crank), good lock up clutch, good intake, and perferebly 3plug head... I think with your $5000 budget you can build a good drag racing motor.
But, there are a lots more besides just the motor.....

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
I bought my HV 3 plug head off of a drag motor. He only wanted 1600 for the whole motor at the time. You might look for a deal like that but you might have a long wait though:wow: You can save lots by buying stuff on here to save lots of coin... I would never have what I have not if I got new stuff all the time.......:p

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Also, besides rasing bore and stroke, you need a good duals exausts, port and polish your head (drag port), +1mm valves, 39FCR carbs, stage 3 cams, CP stroker piston (if you go more then +4mm stroke crank), good lock up clutch, good intake, and perferebly 3plug head... I think with your $5000 budget you can build a good drag racing motor.
But, there are a lots more besides just the motor.....

3 plughead for sure.................

·
Registered
172 Posts
get a swingarm so you can control your bike. Find a good motor builder local to you and someone well known to give you guidance or a package build

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Send the complete engine to kenz cycle tech.

www.kenzcycletech.com

He knows his 660 stuff and a good guy to do buisness with.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
03LimitedEditionRaptor- I might go down there in person. This is perfect timining. Im visiting family in pheonix in about a month

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Ken is a great guy. Talk with him he will point you in the right direction. Might even have a few drag bikes in his show room. I dont know what his shop looks like but I have talked with him over the phone.

·
Registered
640 Posts
look up High Desert Dyno. My bike makes power into the 90's.

Not far from you and well worth the trip!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts