Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i took my carb off to clean it and the airbox, filter..etc.. cleaned it with gas and let it dry for a day...then put it all back together connected everything correctly..then started the quad...let it run for about 1 minute...then turned it off, i noticed there was fuel leaking from the carb area?...what is this?
my dad says i might have bent the float tab while cleaning it so its overflowing thru the air boot? or could ot be something else? Im not sure....Help please!!

(NOW I have to go take it all apart again,,,.hhuhhmm yay!!) :/

·
I am unique
22,619 Posts
So i took my carb off to clean it and the airbox, filter..etc.. cleaned it with gas and let it dry for a day...then put it all back together connected everything correctly..then started the quad...let it run for about 1 minute...then turned it off, i noticed there was fuel leaking from the carb area?...what is this?
my dad says i might have bent the float tab while cleaning it so its overflowing thru the air boot? or could ot be something else? Im not sure....Help please!!

(NOW I have to go take it all apart again,,,.hhuhhmm yay!!) :/
YOur dad may be correct..........
OR you may have dirt in the needle and seat, OR you may have incorrectly adjusted the float heght, OR you may have a worn needle and seat...............

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YOur dad may be correct..........
OR you may have dirt in the needle and seat, OR you may have incorrectly adjusted the float heght, OR you may have a worn needle and seat...............
Ya i think i found out the prob idk yet :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
its a worn seat gabe mine had the same prob:D
or the gasket like you told me

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its a worn seat gabe mine had the same prob:D
Well ill see im gonna replace the Bowl seal tonight and see if thats the prob if not then i might replace the jet idk ? hopefully it will be ready for reno :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
make sure you get it fixed cus i dont want to have to tow you back lol;)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
make sure you get it fixed cus i dont want to have to tow you back lol;)
Ya well it will run its just gonna leak fuel! :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts