Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an 07 raptor 350 special edition. Machine has ran like a bear with really no issues other then the normal little things. Other day I started to get a bog when I would try to take a corner fast. Thinking it was the spark plug I replaced that and cleaned the air filter. No difference. I have tried to trace wires with no luck on finding anything. Here’s the kicker...it only happens when I turn right. Even a little bit. It bogs down for a few seconds but then takes off like normal. I don’t get it. Has anyone ever dealt with this before??!?!

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,045 Posts
I might suspect that you have a wire harness that has worn thru the insulation when you turn to the right. A bare wire then touches the frame, grounding out and killing power.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM.

·
11,045 Posts
I got an 07 raptor 350 special edition. Machine has ran like a bear with really no issues other then the normal little things. Other day I started to get a bog when I would try to take a corner fast. Thinking it was the spark plug I replaced that and cleaned the air filter. No difference. I have tried to trace wires with no luck on finding anything. Here’s the kicker...it only happens when I turn right. Even a little bit. It bogs down for a few seconds but then takes off like normal. I don’t get it. Has anyone ever dealt with this before??!?!
I might suspect that you have a wire harness that has worn thru the insulation when you turn to the right. A bare wire then touches the frame, grounding out and killing power.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM.
Might be just the opposite, a wire broke from being tight. It makes contact when straight, and pulls apart when going right.

I really doubt you have a carb problem unless the throttle cable is pulling tight during a turn.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I thought the same thing however I cannot find anything that has worn through. It’s the oddest thing. I guess I’ll have to keep looking. Eventually hopefully I’ll find something.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I def don’t want to rip the carb out if I don’t have to and I didn’t think it was a carb issue myself to be honest. I just thought I was going nuts thinking that and tested it over and over again. And it is truely only when I turn right. It is very frustrating.

·
11,045 Posts
Let it run and turn the wheels right, then tug on the wire harness and see if it bogs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts