Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an 04 660 and on the first run down the road, the carbs popped out.
I took off the plastics and put them back in, made sure that they were seated correctly, started it and it seems to idle ok but when I give it throttle it wont rev up. All it does it go pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop.

It ran fine before this happened. This is my fisrt raptor and I havent got to enjoy it yet.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Check the stickies on the parking brake and reverse rev limiters.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
The park brake rev switch is located near the park brake handle................make sure it turns off and on...........

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is why I love these sites.

I went to the link that Mad Dod Posted and after reading for less then 30 seconds, I went back outside and grounded the reversing switch and bamb,,, revs too the moon.

I spent some time today doing some trouble shooting, and had come to the conclusion that it had to do with the the switch. If I had payed closer attention to the book I would had noticed that it was grounded. After reading the Stickies, It clicked to me. Its grounded.

Thx Mad Dog.

Don

·
Master of the Electron
15,629 Posts
Glad you found it. Welcome to the forum!

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Good to hear you resolved the problem. QM's all in one sticky has been quite helpful to many.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its nice to be able to fix your own stuff with out having to pay the local dealer two arms and one nut for trouble shooting. I was in the right direction with the switch. The reverse light was not going off at all unless I unplugged it from the cdi box, but still would not work. then when I read from the stickies which what told me what I was experiencing, I knew right then I was right.

Good Stuff Here......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts