Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Ride or Die
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got the code 12 on my raptor yesterday, I was riding, stopped to check something out and when i went to start my quad again it wouldnt start. From what im reading its the crankshift position sensor. The quad doesnt start but it makes a vibrating clicking type noise by the relay. Hooked up a booster pack to it and it started fine, so im assuming its just the battery..but is there anything else i should look into as well as buying a new battery?? Or does the dead battery normally set off a code 12...

Any help would be much appreciated

·
Ride or Die
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone ??

·
Ride or Die
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks...

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Hey buddy let me check ill be right back!

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Here's a list of all the codes...

CODES / ITEM

12 Crankshaft position sensor
13 Intake air pressure sensor (open or short circuit)
14 Intake air pressure sensor (hose line)
15 Throttle position sensor (open or closed circuit)
16 Throttle position sensor
21 Coolant temperture sensor
22 Intake ait temperture sensor (open or closed circuit)
30 Lean angle sensor (latch up detected)
33 Ignition coil (faulty ignition)
41 Lean angle sensor (open or closed circuit)
42 Speed sensor/ Neutral switch
43 Fuel system voltage (monitoring voltage)
44 Error in writing the amount of CO adjustment on EEPROM
46 Vehicle system power supply (monitioring voltage)
50 ECU internal malfunction (memory check error)

Im sorry man looks like bad news.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Found this answer also!

Fully charge the battery, the relay is clicking because the voltage is not high enough to keep the electrical parts engaged. At this point i would ignore any codes you may have until the battery issue is resolved. It should be that simple..

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Sorry for the multiple posts but just trying to get you threw this.

When the key is in the crank position the ECU expects a signal from the crank sensor but because the engine didn't roll over there was no signal so code 12 is displayed. Make sure the battery is fully charged and the starter solenoid is working properly. The contacts in the solenoid can corrode. You'll hear the solenoid click but the contacts won't conduct power to the starter. Starter solenoid failure is a common problem and it may need to be replaced.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Thats pretty much it bud. Good to see you on and also that your still alive LOL. Been awhile.

Anyway i hope it helps.

·
Ride or Die
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ya i brought the battery to canadian tire and they said the battery was good still, going to buy one though and try that to see if it works anyway. Good to know about the solenoid as well, ill be looking into everything you said on my 3 days off coming up..i guess if its not the battery and or that solenoid ill bring it to the dealer...which i didnt want to do since they charge out the @$$

Thanks frenchie!

& yes im still alive lol only wiped out a few times, just been working lots this past month

1 - 10 of 10 Posts