1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got my motor back together.......

1st break-in heat cycle was fine...

Let it cool down.

Went to start it again and it motor was turning over but not firing. So we put the battery on the charger. After a few mins of charging It was throwing the #12 code "Crank Positioning Sensor". And the starter wont even turn. We pulled the stator cover off and everything seemed fine, except the little magnet on the pickup was a little scratched on the end.

Has anyone else had this problem??

What do I do to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BUMP. Before I have to spend $220 on a new stator assembly/ I can't just buy the sensor alone :help:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UPDATE:
We just replaced the whole stator assembly with a BRAND NEW ONE and still having the same f*ckin problem.

Could it be the Everstart battery?
Could it be my ECU?
What could it possibly be?
Is there something we need to reset?

Any and all suggestions are better than none.

Thank you!

·
Registered
863 Posts
Try un hooking the battery and reconnect it. maybe it will work like newer vehicles and reset everything. Just something to try

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have had the exact same problem with my raptor last weekend. It has cropped up twice now. I have not been able to loacate any problem either. It seems to happen randomly. I have installed an alarm with remote start on it. The remote start by passes all of the kill switches and neutral safety. When my bike wont start and flashes code 12, I use the remote start and the bike runs fine. No codes. Turn the bike off and 5 mins later it will start with the starter button. By the way I tried un hooking the battery to reset the code it did nothing. Since my bike runs fine when I use the remote start I have a hard time believing that something is actually worng with the bike. Keep me posted with what you find. I will keep looking as well.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Just a thought, But the flywheel on the 700 is real sensitive to over torque and will run hit and miss or not at all. Not sure if it throws a code or not? I don't have my book with me now. Try calling a builder and check. Maybe they will more insight.

If you don't find it I'll get in my book when I get home. Hope you find your problem soon. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
my07gytr said:
I have had the exact same problem with my raptor last weekend. It has cropped up twice now. I have not been able to loacate any problem either. It seems to happen randomly. I have installed an alarm with remote start on it. The remote start by passes all of the kill switches and neutral safety. When my bike wont start and flashes code 12, I use the remote start and the bike runs fine. No codes. Turn the bike off and 5 mins later it will start with the starter button. By the way I tried un hooking the battery to reset the code it did nothing. Since my bike runs fine when I use the remote start I have a hard time believing that something is actually worng with the bike. Keep me posted with what you find. I will keep looking as well.
sounds a like the same think mines doing. im glad im not alone n this bullshit. I have mine figured out down to the ECU. I think what happned is the killswitch grounds out the ECU to kill the motor, bad thing for our ECUs. do you have a proarmor kill switch hooked up to your orange wire on your coil? might want to check.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BUMP. Still have not found the problem. I've got a freshly built 804 that I havent even ridden yet :(

·
Registered
38 Posts
Install a remote start and your problem will be solved (for now) :unsure: like mine

·
Registered
208 Posts
Meaty69Camaro said:
We got my motor back together.......

1st break-in heat cycle was fine...

Let it cool down.

Went to start it again and it motor was turning over but not firing. So we put the battery on the charger. After a few mins of charging It was throwing the #12 code "Crank Positioning Sensor". And the starter wont even turn. We pulled the stator cover off and everything seemed fine, except the little magnet on the pickup was a little scratched on the end.

Has anyone else had this problem??

What do I do to fix this?

Thanks in advance!
Start off with getting the starter to turn.Try jumping the solenoid.If that doesnt work and you have 12 volts at battery and it passes a load test start checking connections.(key,kill,solenoid)I believe a alarm system bypasses everything up to solenoid and thats why 07GYTR's works with remote.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Found the problem!!

The Starter Silenoid was fried...Replaced it and she cranked right up! Took her around the block for the first time and she runs like a raped ape..All I need now is a trip to the dyno and then it's time to RIP! Thanks for the help fellas! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Anybody know what makes 07 raptor 700 foul plugs everyday in morning it runs fine after I run it for while and it backfire all the times and when it foul plugs it backfire replace it runs fine or clean it pls help me I so lost only mods is hmf slip on never being tuned or Nonething everything else stock

·
Administrator
9,374 Posts
Replace with a NEW plug and see how long it takes for this to occur again.

Reactions: Sixpack577
1 - 20 of 23 Posts