Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have pretty muscular thighs for a 36" waist, and need some advice on some looser pants. I'm also 6'4", so I'd really like to find a pair of riding pants that won't come up to my shins when I sit down. Are there still MX pants that would fit me comfortably, or should I go with a freestyle pant? I'd also like a pant that goes over the boot, not in it.

Also, as far as jerseys go, are there any companies that make them long? My sleeves never seem to reach my gloves, and the back always comes untucked when I ride. I don't want to wear an XXXXXL and look like a deflated balloon though.

Any kind of advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
19 Posts

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Not sure on helping with sizes but Motorcycle Superstore has a nice selection of riding gear. I have the Troy Lee Design Rev pants and they have held up very well. They are over the boot pants and also zipper off to shorts. I got my normal waist size and they fit good. I agree with other poster if need extra leg room your best bet is to go up a waist size or 2 and most have a adjustable waist you can tighen back up some.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the link KPM. Does the jersey fit a little loose, or is it the same size as your regular shirts? How's the quality on them?

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I'm in a similar boat: 6'4" and 255.
Double XL fits decent but the sleeves are way to short.

·
Registered
41 Posts
when ya find a jersey that fits right let me know

6'4" 300lbs give or take a few.

and i can never find shirts long nuff in the arms.

payton

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sorry for the late reply, I haven't checked this board for awhile. The quality of the pants and shirt is nice. (I was going to buy the exact same pants from rockymountain about 6 monts ago for $80, so getting a shirt thown in for a cheaper price was a definate plus). The shirt is awesome too, no complaints about the fit. My dad bought the same set up (he's 6'4" 215) and he's very happy with it as well.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I've been talking to some counter girls - er, customer service folks at local gear stores. Moose seems to be the only brand that offers XXXL - which seems to be the only thing with sleeves long enough for us 6'4" guys, they say. Problem is I'd likely swim in the jersey (have to order and then try it on for sure.).

Am I alone in this? Is anybody here close to 6'4", 255 and able to wear a shirt or jersey that fits? Pants - ha,ha,ha ... whole 'nuther thread.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Im 6'5" and around 250's Ive had luck with my Shift Recon stuff for fitting the arms length. But I just got a new set of Shift MX style pants and jersey, and they dont make it to the gloves very well. The pants get covered up by my boots, so its not a real big deal but it would be nice if they were a little longer as well.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Im 6'4 240 and I wear the shift assault 06 xl jersey over my 661 body armor and it fits good. I also wear the shift pants in a 38 waist. fits good. bought both of em from motorcycle superstore.com for 49 bucks. I rode all weekend and didnt have an uncomfortable moment. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
779 Posts
I'm in the same boat. We have to buy the portly sizes....XXXXXX but that only gives you more girth size..not length. We need the "T" in the sizes for tall. Ski-Doo's clothing line, including BRP ATV stuff, has XLT and XXLT. That shit is well made and fits like it should. Just wrong brand now! I guess the Yamaha guys in Japan think us NA'ers are all like them....135 and 5'4". lol

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I'm 6'8" (38" inseam) and have not found any over the boot pants, or any tall sizes for that matter..I have switched to Fox 360 pants and tuck them into my AlpineStars, they stay inside the boots pretty well..As for jersey's I use Fox also in a XXL..The sleeves are fine as long as I wear my chest protector on the outside of the jersey, as opposed to under the jersey like Supermoto...I use my kidney belt over the jersey to keep it tucked in.. :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts