Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a few things i need help with guys.

1st:- If i let my 700 tickover for about 2mins the header exhaust starts to glow red is this normal? when i run the bike it stops glowing untill i stop the quad.

2nd:- When should i get my valves checked ? & how would i know they need attention?

my bike is 700 raptor
full DMC afterburners
power commander 3
k & n filter

thanks ally

·
The UK's fastest Raptor
1,188 Posts
don't worry about the red exhaust, that's quite normal :)

I normally check my valves about once a year, maybe twice if i do alot of miles. You'll only know they need adjusting when you check them with feeler gauges.

Ez

·
If it's too loud your too old
6,925 Posts
Yes the glowing is normal. and I usually check my valves about every other oil change and I change the oil every 3 months. Or more often if I'm riding alot.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
A little glow is normal but if its more than 2-3 inches it chould be running lean. I had my pc3 on the wrong setting when i first got my HMF carbon fiber system and i started burning up the carbon fiber on the can.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A little glow is normal but if its more than 2-3 inches it chould be running lean. I had my pc3 on the wrong setting when i first got my HMF carbon fiber system and i started burning up the carbon fiber on the can.
i can put my hands on the cans at any time they never get that hot,,, i would say about 3inches glow read, i will try a diff setting my mate said it could be running lean
thanks

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
check your plug that could tell you a lot too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts