Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first quad that I had to change the oil on(banshee no oil) I drained all the oil from the block and changed the filter but I did not warm it up first. and now I have a full overflow tank of oil and none in the block what do I do???? :help:

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
drain the tank and the block and then refill the tank and crank it let it run a few minutes and you should be good to go

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. No I did not drain the tank I thought that it would have drained from the plug. Im a ass I know. I never changed my oil before this and now I will never do it again.. I filled it up to the mark on the dipstick where it was supposed to be and now I just rode it for like 20 mins and checked it and it was overflowing now i have to drain some. I called the dealer and they said it has to be warm to check it from the dipstick.. Someone shoot me I should have checked all this out before I started. but thanks for your help

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
700Rgytr said:
Thanks for the info. No I did not drain the tank I thought that it would have drained from the plug. Im a ass I know. I never changed my oil before this and now I will never do it again.. I filled it up to the mark on the dipstick where it was supposed to be and now I just rode it for like 20 mins and checked it and it was overflowing now i have to drain some. I called the dealer and they said it has to be warm to check it from the dipstick.. Someone shoot me I should have checked all this out before I started. but thanks for your help
Crap happends man. Now that you know how to do it why not do it everytime? We have all made stupid mistakes.... :grin_nod: :crazy: :chair: :metal: :moon:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
11Raptor said:
700Rgytr said:
Crap happends man. Now that you know how to do it why not do it everytime? We have all made stupid mistakes.... :grin_nod: :crazy: :chair: :metal: :moon:

Yeah we'll see. I still have about a inch higher than full on the stick. I still have to drain a lil bit more. Still a pain in my ass. :eek:

·
Registered
188 Posts
I did the same thing man, It happens. I got oil all over my garage floor and everything, What a mess!!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Just a thought.....Take plug wire off of spark plug so it does'nt start and turn over machine to get oil circulating .

·
Registered
468 Posts
thats funny but when my quad had to much oil for some odd reason it did not start... :3question: odd oh well

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah I will deal with it in the morning I threw for today.. But it was running fine I even rode it for a lil while hope I did not ruin n e thing. :mad:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts