Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took some wd40 spry the bolts by rotor and the 2 nuts on adjuster. I cant get these sob`s to budge whats the deal? Looks like reguler thread just lossen them by turning the bolts and nuts counter clockwise right?
Im useing a 17mm for the 2 nuts by rotor i got reguler 3/8 drive ratchet i put all my pressure on it and the bolt did not budge i tried taping ratchet with hammer nothing. Whats the deal please help me out guys. Im thanking i need a breaker bar but dont understand why the 2 bolts are so tight and the 2 adjusting nuts.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just tried at it again on the adjuster lock nut with 12mm wrench it sliped off and rounded the edge of nut not going to mess with anythang else till i get some replys on what to do and what direction i need to be going.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see that it would be a pain removeing the lock nut if it strips completely. dont see a stud remover removeing it due to the adjuster being 12mm also and my research only show that a nut splter would work but i only found the one for non treated nuts. I seen a thang sears had that opens up and closes back but it did`nt look good. Im going to use common since. The main 2 nuts are 65lb torque and i need a breaker bar. the 12mm says only 11lbs but surely the damn thangs are way tighter. Im going to spray wd-40 more on everythang go to store buy some crowfeet metric wrenchs that hooks up to ratchet also buy a long 12mm wrench and a breaker bar. When I return I will check for replys then go out sidespray more wd-40 take wire brush try to clean anythang but i dont see no rust/dirt. and try again to break free ever thang. I know im going the right way with the ratchet and wrench counterclock wize.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Liquid wrench works wonders.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Teraflx said:
Liquid wrench works wonders.
WD40 isn't a penitrating oil. Or at least a very good one.

The thread is a standard right hand.

Can't you get a boxend wrench over the nuts? Or are the heads 13mm, mines got one of each so I don't know what it's supposed to be.

You may also try putting a wrench on both the lock nut and the bolt and turn them together.

You may also try some heat, propane or mapp gas. Mapp gas is hotter than propane, yellow bottle not blue but should be on the same shelf in most hardware stores.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for replys got some reconmended nut buster or what they call pj i thank Soak it and along with that i bought a breaking bar and a 12mm crowfoot wrench to 3/8 drive and a long 12mm wrench and I got it damn I swer who ever tightin these suckers down did not use a torque wrench Cause I thought something was about to give when breaking them 2 by the rotor and damn the locking nuts sure where not 11lb they wher more like 20+ I use a torque wrench on everythang. It`s my golden tool out of the socket sets and got it for only 15bucks with lifetime warranty. The crowfeet what a weird name should be valuable on torqueing anythang dealing with a wrench.

Btw I would like to replace the 12mm locking nut can the screw be backed out all way to get the nut off and replaced?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
no problem with backing the screw out, unless the end has been damaged. clean and lube the thread so you can turn it with your fingers, that way if the thread is mashed you'll know it before you damage the swingarm threads.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts