Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I got some new 11 inch wide tyres today so took the bike for a burn to test em, they are great heaps more traction than the stockers, anyway i hit a large stick that was sticking up and it hit my front right brake line and splintered on it. I stopped and removed it, it hasnt punctured the brake line but now the left brake come on stronger than the right one.

I tried to bleed it a couple of times but didnt work, do you guys think fully bleeding it out and putting new brake fluid in will help? any suggestions would be great!

Thanks

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Did you get any air when you bled the line? You said the line in not punctured, but is it damaged(pinched or bulg)?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didnt get any air, im thinking there might be an air bubble higher up somewhere, and there doesnt seem to be any visible damage

·
Registered
314 Posts
sounds like you may have indeed punctured the line, even though you removed the splinter and no visible fluid coming out, you may have a little peice still stuck in the line causing a restriction. even if you get fluid while bleeding, keep in mind the restriction may not be a total blockage, but just enough to severely hinder the pressure required to push that caliper piston out. it takes a good bit more pressure than you might think to apply the brakes in a hydrolic system.

hope that may shed some light for ya ;)

·
Registered
314 Posts
oh yeah, forgot to point out, if there is a small peice still broke off in the like, it may be pluging the hole thats why your not seeing any fluid seepage where you pulled the peice out. sounds far fetched i know...but ive seen stranger things happen.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just checked the line really closeley and im 99% sure it hasnt been damaged, there isnt any holes, dents or splinters left in there, its really strange.

·
Registered
314 Posts
hmmm...whats the chances something got wedged in the caliper? thats about the only other thing i can think of .

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok went and pumped the brakes a heap of times and dragged it back and forward across the driveway then rode it up and down the street a few times doing hard stops and it seems to be even again.... will check for sure tommorow here hoping :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts