Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased 4 ITP gncc rear tires from rocky mountain ATV - mounted them today- and as I was getting ready to put them on and discovered that they are full of cracks everywhere. Has anyone else ever experienced this with any ITP tires before? I'll post some pictures when I figure out how.

·
Registered
331 Posts
That is the tread pattern design guys. they were designed with the splits in the lugs to increase traction. Try them ou they should hook up really well on most all surfaces.

·
Registered
283 Posts
rappinitup700 said:
That is the tread pattern design guys. they were designed with the splits in the lugs to increase traction. Try them ou they should hook up really well on most all surfaces.
Yeah thats what i thought, The little slots in the tread. But if you look closer between the tread there little scratches.

I wouldnt worry a thing about those little scrathches, were talking about 6 ply tires, once you ride them youll never notice them after

·
Registered
331 Posts
Oh yah, I didnt see that. yeah , that doesnt look good I would return them for sure. Definately a box cutter bandit.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Actually the tires were shipped to us wrapped in plastic - which we opened by hand. I'm not that dumb to open a tire package with a knife. The splits have gotten progressively larger throughout the day. All of the tire pressures were normal. Going to e-mail the pics to ITP on Monday and see what they have to say. It's not just one tire - it's 3 of the 4 that we ordered and the 4th one has small spider cracks. The worst part is that the tires are backordered at rocky mountain atv so were looking at 3-4 weeks.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If i only rode trails i wouldn't be so worried about it - but we ride more mx - not sure how they would hold up to the jumping.

·
Registered
41 Posts
:mad:i had the same problem with a set of kenda klaws i purchased for my 400ex. mine were on the sidewall. it looks worse than it is , just surface imperfections , the slits arent that deep. ive had no problems, with about 50hrs use.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hey Adrift I didnt mean YOU were the one with the wild box cuter. Sorry I should have worded it differntly.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I would still call them and see if they will at the least give you some $ back ..
I don't care what they will look like after I ride on them
But they should be perfect if I have to lay out the $
they will have to tighten up there quality control

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah I am even more disappointed today after looking at them and seeing little cracks right round and round the tires.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
thats unacceptable if you ask me. You just laid down how much for those tires. Those are the flag ship tire right now for sport quads that trail/woods/gncc style race. They should be perfect.
I would return them, or do what your doing and take it up with ITP.

Nice tires though, I cant believe how big those fricken knobbies are! Did you get 21's or 20's?

I would watch it on the pavement......they will wear fast. From the sounds of it they wear ok for offroad...but I heard they melt really quick on road!

My xcr's got shedded to shit on the asphault though, and they are a great wearing tire if you keep them in the dirt....so its probably not JUST the GNCC's...hahaha

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.