Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
GO BIG OR GO HOME
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i have a 06 raptor 700r and i installed lte duals with the doebeck tfi and the gytr air filter. i run 22x8x8 skat trak extreme 10 paddles with stock sprocket. just this last week i raced my buddy who has a bone stock raptor 700, up the bowl, down the flats and he was right on my butt the whole time. i just dont really understand here, he only ways 20 pounds less than what i do. do have a clue maybe switch to power commander?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Two reasonable possibilities:

1) You dobeck isn't dialed in right

2) He's just a lot better rider than you are.

I hope he wasnt running the stock tires, my guess is he was using 8 paddles, with an approximate 2 extra horses from weighing twenty pounds less. Some combination of those issues are most likely your problem. I would start with the PCIII and tires.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
what are your settings, and you are also over paddled for your mods, raise you psi to get more wheel spin

·
GO BIG OR GO HOME
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
he was runing a 22x8 9 paddle extreme and he was running 8 psi. and im running about 5 psi in them, what psi do u think i should run for now and how many paddles should i be running?

thanx

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
you should be running 8 paddles for reg drags 7 for hill shoots, raise your psi to about 8-10 to get them to spin better for now

·
Registered
10 Posts
The 10 paddles sound like a wicked amount of hook-up in the sand. I had an extra pair off my 1000 Kaw. one-man sand rail that were 22-11-8 10 paddle skat Trak Taller Haulers. I tried them on a Honda 330R and it couldn't break them loose easy enough to get great speed. I took em off and flipped em around so the paddles were going backwards. It reduced the amount of sand I was excavating and it made the bike a lot faster! You might try it for an experiment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts