Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post ;)......but i'm on here all the time. I'm 16, and the proud owner of an 07 rappy 700. I want to get either a barker or dmc dual with pcIII and trinity intake/k&n. But when it told my dad about it all he said was....."no way u'll blow it up...how come whenever u get something u want to change it, it's brand new and was designed to work with what it has on it." I tried to explaine to him how it works but with no luck :(. I was hoping that u guys could do a better job convincing him than i did. So if u leave some comments in my favor (i'm paying for the system by the way, but not the quad sooo) that would be awsome :thumbsup:......I wanna unleash the beast.....he's tied down, and prolly will be for a while without some help......Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Blowing the engine can happen stock so thats not an issue, what he is getting at is that its easier to push the engine too far when you modify it. That being said, things need to be addressed when you do the changes- proper tune and maintanance. Then you will be more likely to have a long lived engine. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
497 Posts
With the PCIII you will definatly extend the life of the quad, because they run lean from the factory due to emission standars, using the PCIII you will make it richer, and that will greatly extend the life of the quad. And the exhaust will be proper tuned, so that won't be a problem at all.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I may be wrong but I think Companies sell them they way they do is to get past emmisions. Especially in California. I would get a second opinion on this because I am not 100 % sure. A perfect example, On the GYTR site their pipes come with a warning to be used on closed curcuit tracks only due to EPA regs

·
Registered
767 Posts
My dad never bought me jack sh!t, your on your own. ;)

·
Registered
148 Posts
just keep tryin...my mom was the same way..i got it in early july and just yesterday i put my nmotion exhaust, proflow, n dobeck. but i have wrecked and bent the handle bars n got new a-arms. because i broke them. thats a way to get stuff. but i had to pay for it. but got the job done.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Diddly said:
My dad never bought me jack sh!t, your on your own. ;)
:stupid:

If I was your Dad I'd be thinking if you can afford to pay for the mods then great you can put it towards paying the bike off.

Kids nowadays ::)

·
Registered
575 Posts
my dad didn't even know i was getting a four wheeler until i brought it home and took his lawn mower outside so it could sleep in the garage...

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Give me your dad, I'll give you my pipes? Good trade!! :lol: If you can swing it then I say buy em', You are probally better off with the upgrade because you have to get the TFI, I think the engine is much safer with the TFI than without, proper tuning required though.

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts
My parents never bought me shit either. I remember how it was to be 16, I always envied the older people with the decked out Banshees, screaming up Comp hill at Glamis at night, and here I was on my 13 year old Honda CR250, not lights, following people with lights on their quad. My parents were so stingy, my car started on fire, burned to the ground, and they didn't do shit for me. I had to rebuild a 1968 Plymouth Roadrunner MYSELF.

However, if you parents bought you a quad, a new one at that, (never buy a 16 year old a new motorized ANYTHING) and you want an exhaust, if you make enough money to pay for it yourself, then why don't you get it and just put it on. Not much that can be done if you just buy it...I was a defiant little shit...but like the guy from Calgary said, my parents never did shit for me....My sister rolled her first car and they bought her a brand new second car...younger ones get everything handed to them.

If it is your quad, and not his, theny you should be able to do anything you want to it; and IF you do blow it up, thats your problem, and I would make you pay to have it rebuilt AND make you finish paying for it too!

·
Registered
241 Posts
My parents never brought me my 1st bike had to work for 6 months to save up enough money but once i had it they would let me spend it how i wanted to since i earned it .i payed $200.00 for XR75 with the old twin shocks which was alot 23 years ago wow im sure glad ive upgraded with age .My mods are on there way .

·
Registered
37 Posts
its your dads call bro, your not making the payments on it. but if you have the money to buy the exhaust why arn't you making the payments on it?

·
Registered
751 Posts
dAMN, tell your father this.... "Dad, I greatly appreciate you buying this quad for me, all the guys on the forum are jelous because their father didnt buy one for them.. I really want to put the aftermarket stuff on my bike, not just for performance, but also I want it to be different. That is the whole part of aftermarket accessories; to customize my quad so it fits me not only as a rider but also self expression. On the forum, I found that yamaha runs all their bikes lean due to emission regulations which in the long run WILL cause engine issues. Just because its from the factory doesnt mean its correct. Look at honda, they mess up on everything :grin_nod: . As i was saying, I really want these accessories and will be purchasing them, i know technically it is your quad because of payments, but since I am a big boy I will split the payments with you to prove I am responsible enough to handle this. .. Hopefully he will agree.. if he doesnt just tell him that if you cant express yourself with your quad then you will turn gay and do every drug under the sun.. that usually scares parents. :thumbsup: good luck

·
Registered
153 Posts
dAMN, tell your father this.... "Dad, I greatly appreciate you buying this quad for me, all the guys on the forum are jelous because their father didnt buy one for them.. I really want to put the aftermarket stuff on my bike, not just for performance, but also I want it to be different. That is the whole part of aftermarket accessories; to customize my quad so it fits me not only as a rider but also self expression. On the forum, I found that yamaha runs all their bikes lean due to emission regulations which in the long run WILL cause engine issues. Just because its from the factory doesnt mean its correct. Look at honda, they mess up on everything . As i was saying, I really want these accessories and will be purchasing them, i know technically it is your quad because of payments, but since I am a big boy I will split the payments with you to prove I am responsible enough to handle this. .. Hopefully he will agree.. if he doesnt just tell him that if you cant express yourself with your quad then you will turn gay and do every drug under the sun.. that usually scares parents. good luck
The above is a good approach, HOWEVER, I think you can save yourself lots of time and energy by skipping directly to this part

tell him that if you cant express yourself with your quad then you will turn gay

·
Registered
180 Posts
'My Daddy never bought me sh!t"...... :'(

Geez, get over it already.... ::) :lol:

·
Registered
751 Posts
" BUT DADDY I WANT AN OOMPALOOMPA NOW.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
06RAPPY700R said:
And she went down the bad egg chute to never be seen again.

Whiney kids

If you can not upgrade be glad you have it..

·
Registered
180 Posts
06RAPPY700R said:

LMFAO..... :grin_nod:

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I was in your shoes with my dad. Same situation... I told him that the raptors run lean from the factory and need more fuel to make them run better and last longer. When it came to the exhaust and intake I said it will increase gas mileage and let the engine breath better. It will also look better too. Also when you want to sell it (if ever) usualy people get more attacted to a raptor with duel exhaust than say a stock raptor 700! :thumbsup: Hope that helps!

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
Dear dad,

Your son is more likely to injure himself from reaching terminal velocity and crashing his Raptor with the new modifications rather than the modifications causing mechanical failure. If the modifications are NOT done right, and the bike is not properly set up, yes it can cause problems. Do some research on mapping the system, and the modifications your son wants to add will improve the performance of the bike drastically.

Sincerely,

~Brian a.k.a. Flynbyu

1 - 20 of 28 Posts