Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a newbie so go easy on me. I just picked up an 04 660r that has seen better days but I plan to fix it up and get it back to proper condition. I am a sled guy so I am not real knowledgeable with wheeler mods so I am hoping you guys can help. A-arms look after market to me becuase I want to replace the ball joints but the stock ones are different. Any ideas what these a-arms are? The bottom one measures just around 15.3 inches from center to end. The exhaust is way to loud but I am hoping to be able to repack it to tone it down a bit. The rear axle also looks after market but I am not sure. The kid who I got this wheeler from said it has the following but I am not sure how accurate the list is: 2004 Raptor bored out, stroker kit, stage 2 jetting, aftermarket crank, wisco pistons, E47 exhuast, aftermarket axle and axle hubs with spacers. handle bar riser etc... I have no way of verifying the engine mods without pulling it apart but in the meantime all of the bearings in the hubs are shot and the ball joints are loose so I want to start with the suspension but I am already wondering where to find these aftermarket ball joints?

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Welcome to the forums! I think they are ASR a-arms, I think I have only saw those bottom brackets on the ASR a-arms. The axle is aftermarket, but not sure on the brand. I like sleds also:D quads are totally different, good luck:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forums! I think they are ASR a-arms, I think I have only saw those bottom brackets on the ASR a-arms. The axle is aftermarket, but not sure on the brand. I like sleds also:D quads are totally different, good luck:thumbsup:
Thanks for the welcome and the response! I will look up ASR and see if I can find some ball joints. If your into sleds here is one of mine setup for 1/4 mile asphalt.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
I'm guessing on the a-arms, but most of the sport style asr's have heim joints on the lower a-arms where it attaches to the frame so I'd guess you have Armadillo a-arms

The rear axle is a durablue eliminator. The exhaust is a yoshimura, perhaps an RS model.

The air filter is a K&N drop in filter that has been installed upside down and screwed in place. Not a preferred setup to say the least. I'd replace it with a Pro-Design clamp on filter kit. The K&N filter on the crankcase breather vent is fine.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I would also check into lonestar on them arms, they look just like mine and that is what i have. The exhuast looks like yoshimura rs3

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the responses. Another question is how do I tell what the stock width is on the factory A-arms so I can measure to see how much wider these aftermarket a-arms are? Does anyone know off the top of their head? Also thanks for the heads up MAD DOG on the K&N filter being upside down. The previous owner only had the machine for a few months and beat the piss out of it in the mud. I am going to pressure wash it this weekend and start taking it apart. I have to find a set of headlights for it and I already have found plastics locally.

·
Registered
386 Posts
i dont think the arms are armadillo,same color but armadillo arms are shaped differently.
To find how wide it is just measure it and look up stats on google, chances are its a +2
+1 on the filter this set up is no good

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
I'm guessing on the a-arms, but most of the sport style asr's have heim joints on the lower a-arms where it attaches to the frame so I'd guess you have Armadillo a-arms
I think ASR Long-Travel a-arms have the bottom like what Thundercat has.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I know i have a lot to learn about these quads and how they work and all, but you guys have a lot to learn about sleds if u think cats are the best :)

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I know i have a lot to learn about these quads and how they work and all, but you guys have a lot to learn about sleds if u think cats are the best :)
But Cats are the best........... I'm rightest about that............:):wow:;):D:D

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
to quiet it down buy the silencer for your yoshi exhaust. its only 20bucks and it made mine so much quieter. And looks like you have the yoshimura rs-3 exhaust.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts