Raptor Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve had this for a couple months now and I’ve wondered what kind of is. It came with carbon fiber hand guards, nose cone, and headlight protector. It also had a swing arm skid plate. I’m not sure if any of those came stock or not but they were on when I bought. Also the yamaha logo on the plastic over the gas tank is unlike anyone I have seen doing research. Pretty sure it’s an 04. Also I have tried to look at vin# but it’s pretty beat up

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No title. Bought off a good buddy of mine. His father died with the code to a gun safe that contained the title. Therefore pants around the ankles goose chase trying to get it registered. Plus the hyro glyphic vin # has me puzzled.

·
Registered
171 Posts
A safe technician can get that opened up for your buddy. I’d imagine that there are other important papers in the safe that your buddy needs along with the title.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Honestly brother I asked a simple question. If anyone can help me identify. I just want to know if it’s a special edition or not. I have not seen one like k have before so I would like to know. Thank you for the help but a private eye wasn’t quite what I was looking for.

·
Registered
24 Posts
So I’ve had this for a couple months now and I’ve wondered what kind of is. It came with carbon fiber hand guards, nose cone, and headlight protector. It also had a swing arm skid plate. I’m not sure if any of those came stock or not but they were on when I bought. Also the yamaha logo on the plastic over the gas tank is unlike anyone I have seen doing research. Pretty sure it’s an 04. Also I have tried to look at vin# but it’s pretty beat up
It looks like an 04 limited edition by the grafix
Just someone removed the limited sticker
Try to put a piece of paper over the vin # and lightly shade over with a pencil to help read the vin or try sand paper to remove paint over it and it should become more clear.

·
Administrator
9,550 Posts
That sounds like private eye work though…

Reactions: 4stroker4life

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Reactions: morphrider

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It looks like an 04 limited edition by the grafix
Just someone removed the limited sticker
Try to put a piece of paper over the vin # and lightly shade over with a pencil to help read the vin or try sand paper to remove paint over it and it should become more clear.
Thank you you are the man. I tried the paper and pencil and had no luck. Will probably try and sand this weekend. But no it actually doesn’t. It actually sounds like a simple question that the administration should have helped in instead of going off in a pointless direction I have already tried to handle. So tell private dick when he gets the safe open let me know.

·
VIP
1,121 Posts
Looking at your first pic, I can see the 10th digit of the VIN is a 2, which makes your machine a 2002. The plastics, graphics and faux carbon fiber hood make it a Limited Edition.
So you have a 2002 Raptor 660 LE

The 04 LE had a yellow stripe under the Yamaha on the sides of the tank and came with a silver hood.

·
Administrator
9,550 Posts
Sounds like you have you answer now. Seems as if @CHIMBAZOID came up as the winner with his private eye work. We love having new members in here, but c'mon, if you are going to be on the interwebs you need to have some thicker skin.

What are your plans for this machine now?

·
Master of the Electron
15,978 Posts
Looking at your first pic, I can see the 10th digit of the VIN is a 2
Way to go, Eagle Eye! I zoomed in on that pic and still discerned very little... kudos to you.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Try chaulk on the Vin to full in the numbers and slightly wipe the excess. They should pop. I thought the carbon fiber parts were gytr if stock. Not sure tho. If it's a 2001 then the subframe will be square tubing not round and I belive the 01 also has a remote res on the rear shock

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i believe you are absolutely right chimbazoid. I was told it was an 04 and I believed it also because of the black plastics. I thought that the 2002 model only came with the black front and white back plastics. Thank you you are awesome and I appreciate you greatly. Reason I was asking is because I bought a one way clutch and it wasn’t adding up correctly. The one way and 52 tooth didn’t for correctly even though it was for an 04. I have contacted l&l and now have the right one coming. Thank you again.
But as for morph rider maybe it’s not that I need thick skin. People come to the forum for help not because they want to be belittled by an admin and his buddies with misguided comments and jokes cornier than a captain crucnch box. if you don’t have common sense or an answer to the question supplied then why waste my time? I have built my raptor from the pictures above replacing every damn thing it had stock besides internal engine work ( which I will be doing soon). I have filled three composition pages full of mods I have paid for and put in myself with no extra hands.
I have read my these forums and manual I have bought so many times I can probably recite it back to you. I’m not trying to be rude or argue not my intention at all. I work on Briggs and Stratton motors everyday including fuel injected 37 and 40 hp. That’s why I appreciate quadmaniac so much. When something is wrong he will correct you and tell you how it is. Not being rude but it’s because the man is knowledgeable and credible in his area of expertise. It shows. I have been building what I thought was an 04 this whole time to find out it’s an 02. That’s all I asked for man I apologize. It’s not that I don’t have thick skin trust me. I have been working on this thing wondering why parts don’t match and I get frustrated. I apogize and I love this forum I do. Thank you for the help. You guys are awesome

·
Administrator
9,550 Posts
There was zero belittling on my end, just banter to throw some humor in there. If by any means you thought I was belittling you, my apologies. But jokes cornier than a Cap’n Crunch box? Ya corny. You have been here (at least joined) only a couple of weeks, fresh bait. This forum is definitely full of knowledge and a great crew no doubt. Just roll with it, have some fun. This is way more relaxed compared to some other forums I am on, ya it would be severe in those.

Never answered my question though…what are your build plans, we love those. To help obviously..I mean that by the way.

·
Administrator
9,550 Posts
But…depending on version of belittling, that did start with post #6 against another member.

Arm Gesture Thumb Nail Wrist

Reactions: 4stroker4life
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.