Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently purchased an 06`Raptor and would like to know what you guys are doing to keep the front end planted when drag racing without having to purchase a swing arm! I know about the lowering kit but the ones I see only drop you about an inch! I`ve got some smaller hole shots for the front ordered but is there some other tricks like different shocks from other atv`s or something! we mostly play around at the drag strip with very little trail riding but shocks seem like something that could easily be changed!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just recently purchased an 06`Raptor and would like to know what you guys are doing to keep the front end planted when drag racing without having to purchase a swing arm! I know about the lowering kit but the ones I see only drop you about an inch! I`ve got some smaller hole shots for the front ordered but is there some other tricks like different shocks from other atv`s or something! we mostly play around at the drag strip with very little trail riding but shocks seem like something that could easily be changed!
you got to get it up to get it off.....LOL i recently purchased a lowering kit off Ebay for $59 bucks free shipping ill let you know how good it works when i get time to install it.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Launch in second, leaning over the bars with your nuts on the tank. Stiffening your rear shock will help also.

Other than that Brother, it's a swinger.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Second gear launches help but it'll still up if you get to happy with the gas.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I use a ratchet strap & ratchet the front suspension down All the way when I am drag racing. It really helpes keep the front down & helps keep your power up..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts