• kenda knarly $104

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • knarly xc $114

• klaw xc $100 (out of stock)

• Mud Lite $124

• super grip $110 (mud lite, look alike)

• Trac stars $146 (out of stock)

• 21" GNCC $164

• Other, please post and why and post price

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, you guys helped me with the paddles now help with the dirt tires

I already have some 23" razr fronts now I need 22" rears, Yes I need bigger tires, I need the ground clearence, its sucks getting suck in a mud hole or on a rock

tire name and price
and most are from rocky mtn, I get 10% off also

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I added a few more from a somewhere else

You can Vote for 2 options, also you can change your vote

If I missed any good options let me know, i will add them

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like those too, but I havent heard much about them or how they wear

·
Registered
98 Posts
I selected Razr2's only becuase they are the only tyre i have gone with since the crap stockers..... But i have absolutley no complaints about them at all, i am very happy with them... Good luck :thumbsup:

·
Registered
572 Posts
i chose tyhe razr2 also as they are good for the price and a good overall dirt trail tire that takes more abuse then the stocks. also they have way more bite. i think they would also do fairly well in light snow and packed sand. :3question: my raz2 just got here today from rocky mountain..

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are the razr2's really that much better then the kenda's, there 70 bucks more for the set

·
Registered
54 Posts
I compared the i-razr, razor2, and the gncc at a shop in phoenix. I ultimately chose the gncc (21" rears) after speaking with the other customers and staff.
Don't forget about wheels!! We have another set mounted on stockers, went from Prescott to Lake Pleasant (here in Az) which is a rough trail. He nailed a rock at speed sliding around a corner, pinched the gncc on the rim, bent the rim up about three inches! The tire has a tear in the sidewall and by the bead, and the only leak is at the bead. Put the tire on a new rim (bajas with reinforcement rings) and it's ready to go again. Awesome tires. Oh, and he's running 20" rears.

DJ

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I should be ok with 22" tires on stock wheels, plenty of side wall

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Haven't heard much good about the trac stars. Long and short of it is they don't hook up or clean out well. If you're on hardpack and don't mind spinning a little you're golden. I will include the disclaimer that I have not personally ridden on them, but the sentiment I am forwarding is that of someone who has done his own testing and has legitimate knowledge of the subject.

If you're talking about mud holes and rocks I'd make sure it was a bias ply type with 6 plys. I'd go with the XCT if you're focusing on clearance on harder pack, but with the terrain you're describing I'd op for the RAZR 2 if you've got the cash lying around, knarly if you'd prefer not to spend it. Personally my next set will probably be either xct or knarly 22" rears with a front ytbd but my mud riding is very limited.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Every thing Ive read is that the lug depth on the reg. razr is less then the 2s, I have a friend with razr's on a blaster, and there decent

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Im leaning towards the XCTs or the klaws or knarlys because the price

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I have the XCT's on the rear. they have about 40 hours of use. I rode for 30 miles on pavement and then started to wear they most there but still have more then off there tread left. I rode them in woods,desert,mud,silt, anything you can thing of out on th trail and still have plenty of life left. Got them for $120 at my local dealer.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Carlise Badlands I run 23's up front,22's in the rear.Where I ride I need the ground clearance.I have run them in the rocks,snow,sand.Have run them on a warrior,45hp Lt250r,and now my 07 Raptor.Luv'em.Hope that help! :)

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I will go look at those, Im also need the clearence

edit: there only 2 ply, I want 6 plys

1 - 20 of 20 Posts