Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just added a nmotion full pipe, power commander and gytr air filter kit and it's great. I also removed the entire parking brake set up from the bike including the wire and plug (didn't cut anything just unplugged it). I'm pretty sure the reason why my bike only starts in nuetral has to do with the fact I remove the parking brake. But before I do anything to the bike I wanted to see if anyone had encountered the same problem and better yet had an answer to my dilemma. Any help would be greatly appreciated. And my Raptor 700 is a 2006. :crazy:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
LIKE I SAID ON YOUR OTHER POST:

"....You shouldnt be unplugging anything electrical when you remove the parking brake...thats your problem. What you unplugged is the clutch override switch....which allows you to start it in gear with the clutch pulled in. Without it plugged in its not receiving a signal and doesnt know if the clutch is pulled in or not. If it wasnt smart like that it would allow you to start it in gear without using the clutch and lerch forward using nothing but the starter motor.....which could be bad as the starter motor on these things isnt meant to be moving the quad....
Plug that back in and you'll be set! (has nothing to do with the E-brake)"

·
Registered
297 Posts
hey boom
thats true, cause i removed my parking brake and im pretty sure that i didnt remove anything that was electrical at least i better not have

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
phyto said:
boom,
where is the clutch override switch located at?
Right there in the "arm pit" of the perch...should be the ONLY thing electrical running to the clutch perch.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I had to remove mine when I added the ASV levers and perches. I never cut the line but when it was unplugged it wouldn't start at all. I'd check to make sure it's plugged in and make sure it is funtioning properly. I've seen quite a few deadman ( similar type ) switches on sledds fail over the years for no reason.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts