Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that Im going with a new cam and piston..should I order parts seperately or go with the 700 rebuild kit on TQS? Def going with the CP 11.5:1 Piston..narrowed the cam down to the HDD 50/50, Webcam stage 3, or Hotcam stage 3. With new springs. Which do you guys like best? Ill also be adding an FCI Intake with box, Barker Duals, and PC5. Hows all this sound? Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
If your buying a good spring kit then go with the HDD5050 and have the exhaust rocker clearanced. Porting would be wise with such a parts list. If you dont want any porting or clearancing then run the HCIII, its the best drop in cam on the market at the moment.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
If your buying a good spring kit then go with the HDD5050 and have the exhaust rocker clearanced. Porting would be wise with such a parts list. If you dont want any porting or clearancing then run the HCIII, its the best drop in cam on the market at the moment.
+1 if I ran the 5050 cam I'd get a port weather it just be a stock sized valve port. There's hidin power in the head a a nice porter can find it. Bo is good ask around here. The 11.5:1 some run on pump gas without issues but others run a mix of 1 gallon of 110 to 3 gallons of 93. Cam choice along with the outside condictions play a factor in that as do other things.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I want to be able to stay on pump gas so should I go with some other piston besides the 11.5:1? And didnt really want to go into porting unless that is the best thing to do so the Hotcam stage 3 sounds good..i do mostly all trail riding.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
if you trail ride you could go with the 11:1 cp,hc3/2, and the big 3 package.

first i did the piston and there was some gain the i added a hc2 and the programmer made quite a difference then i got the intake and full exhaust and it was like holy shit. Made a huge difference. I kind of did things backwards but it was well worth it. The 5050 cam would be great if it didn't have to be cleared the only reason i went with hc instead of the 5050.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
and i would reccommend the powercommander III/V. I have the Lexx gen 3 and dont really like it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea im defintely going with the Power Commander 5..anyone have experience with the Barker Intermediate Cam?

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
11:1 hc3 you'll be happy I ride trails tight ones with my 5050 cam so the hc3 will be good the 11:1 will make up for the slight bottom end loss. 11.5:1 is almost border line and if not used with the right cam it'll knock cause of the dynamic compression. I don't quiet understand that though maybe a builder will chime in here for ya.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts