Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here it is I'm getting ready to do some modification to my 07 Raptor 700se and would like some in put on this. Here is a list of Mods I had in mind. 1) HMF Ironman full system with dobeck TFI box. 2) Modquad air flow system with K&N filter, with a Pro-Tec Moflow airbox lid. I have already ordered my new front bumper, Nerbars & Heel Guards. The front bumper is IMS-Roll Intimidator Black & the IMS-Roll GP series Nerbars & Heel Guards black. Any advice :3question: :help

·
Registered
226 Posts
If you plan on going with more mods down the road, I'd suggest going with a Power Commander III. So that way you have much more vary in your mods with more maps and support. :thumbsup:

Other than that, everything looks good. (but perhaps change out the modquad intake w/ ProFlow w/ K&N)

·
Registered
584 Posts
With the 3 mods you will be surprised at the power. I would suggest a 15t primary sprocket if you dont have one. Im running a dobeck and really like it plus its cheaper. I really dont see ever needing more than what I have already but it depends on where you ride I guess. I like the proflow better too.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I am with Randy...DONT waste your time and money on the mods quad intake. Go pro design, gytr or trinity.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
TREX450R said:
Is this your great evil plan to out run me? Posted here for everyone to see? Dont worry, my plan is the same. And you now were it is posted...
\
?????????????????????????

·
Registered
36 Posts
Im with the rest GET THE PRO DESIGN INTAKE AND FILTER

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pro-...010QQitemZ200050218625QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

thats the best deal out there.. comes with all hardware and an outterwear

dont get a lid mod just get that kit and run no lid :)

I have the dobec and i love that as well.. here is a link for the best deal on HMF pipes with the controller..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HMF-...002QQitemZ120058307006QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Thats been the preffered exhaust from what i read :)
nate

·
Registered
11 Posts
07RAP,

We have finished dyno-testing and have proven the functionality and capability of the RaceGrade fuel controller. The installation was absolutely plug and play and used the stock tab for mounting and took only seconds. The software was as user-friendly as expected and a snap to work with. The throttle stops made for quick dyno pulls and quick Bomb-site tuning. The timing was completely tunable and we were able to get max torque througout all of our dyno runs beating out other controllers in a head to head dyno battle. We spent a lot of extra time tweaking with different functions, but I honestly think that one could tune a complete motor with any and all modifications in less than an hour with this controller. I am impressed with the product and would be happy to talk with anyone out there about my experience, the product, and how to order it. This is the best product out there for the price.

RaceGrade
Patrick Nichols
714-458-4555
[email protected]

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the Help I am getting the following, Pro-Flow with K & N intake System, HMF full System With Ironman pipe in orange, K & N Xstream Power lid, Tusk Braid lines, IMS Intimidator Bumper(black), IMS-Roll GP series Nerbars & Heel Guards all parts are beingordered will put Pic after completing upgrades. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Yes it is my great evil plain to decimate all TRX-450s. 8) :thumbsup:Is there any other upgrades that I missed please let me know. :help:

·
Registered
16 Posts
My plan is the same.I wish they would hurry up from bloody Japan :mad: First shipment sold and im still waiting :(

·
Registered
584 Posts
Your gonna need an efi controller if you dont already have one.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I thinking of going with the Dobeck TFI. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Boom: the post was from a friend of mine that has a Honda TRX-450 I raced him a total of 6 times and lost 5 times. :mad: on the sixth time I beat him ;) the other 5 times I was trying to not flip the quad over every one knows the Raptor has monster torque and take off I Kept putting all my weight forward but the front end was still coming up more than 45%. I was taking off so had I had to let off a little so I would not flip over back words. :eek: a another friend of mine rides a YZ-250 motor cross bike raced him 2 times on my Raptor and the first time it did the same to him it would launch so hard (we are talking more than 45% almost straight up and down) he had to let out and missed a shift he lost. :mad: The second race he power braked it and rip the ground up before racing then ran and smoked him form start to finish that is also how I beat him on the 6th race :thumbsup: after learning how to control the Raptor on had take off I raced my other friend on his YZ-250 I smoked him on the launch but he bet me by a bike length. This is my first Raptor before this I road sport bikes I am still learning on every ride and I am getting Faster. I was also informed that the stock Dunlop’s grab real hard and get major traction that’s why I pull the front end so much and I should look at getting ITP hole shots they get great traction but still break loose for fast starts is this true :3question:
Any advice.

·
Registered
200 Posts
The 3 mods and 15T will definately help but it sounds like practicing will help just as much. Did you try short shifting at all? You can't just rev and shift the 700 like you do all other quads. Its actually slower that way. Practicing your shift points will improve your excelleration. When you get them right you'll know it and so will your TRX450 buddy........... :grin_nod:

·
Registered
584 Posts
Yea put on a 15t and it'll be alittle better. It will also make each gear alittle longer so it will have more time to pull. Try racing your buddy from a rolling start and it will be diffrent. Starting from a dead start is more rider ability than bike ability. Practice. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
912 Posts
When your quad starts to lift, stay on the gas and pull the clutch to bring it back down. Once you get the front end down, bang third and its bye-bye 450. I raced my friends built yfz numerous times over the weekend and I found that by doing what I told you, I could get a good start and run side-by-side with the 450.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the great advice :thumbsup: and yes I going to add a 15t primary sprocket and I will practice my short shifting. :thumbsup: My TRX-450 buddy, I think is get worried he’s also planning up grades know. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Is there a cretin Brand 15t primary sprocket that I should get. :help: ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am not any more worried than if it was a YZF450 or a TRX450 with someone getting mods. And remember, I am the one who told you to look into the 700. and I never said that the 700 was slow, I definatly respect that bike. And on the last time you beat me it was cause I completely false neutraled, but a win is a win. And the tecnique of hitting the clutch to keep the revs up and keep from wheeling over is what I do. And I think it is part of the game for you to mod to get faster then I mod to get faster, then you, then me, till we run out of money or are happy with what we got. Cant wait till we go to the dunes in the spring.

The faster you are the better I have to be.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.