Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I really need some help please. I have just done a head gasket change and built the bike back up. But now I don't have spark or fuel when I turn the key and press start.
The engine cranks over fine though. I THINK I have done the mistake that most have done and put the wrong wires into the wrong plugs.
See attached pic and see if this looks right or not.

Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
817 Posts
Which year is it? I don't have the diagram close but surely someone does. Also unplug the connectors that you are not sure that are connected correctly. Neat trick when doing this kind of work is labelling the wires ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, School boy error I know in not labelling the wires. I was too busy thinking of what order the bolts go back in.
I think I know the issue now.
I reckon I have put the power commander cables back in the wrong please.

Its a 2006.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
If i remember correctly, it is possible to switch the fuel injector connector and the tps connector on the pc5 setup. Switch those and try it...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,811 Posts
If i remember correctly, it is possible to switch the fuel injector connector and the tps connector on the pc5 setup. Switch those and try it...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
He's right, your symptoms indicate the PC5 connectors need to be swapped from the injector to TPS and vice versa.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you guys.....It was indeed the PC5 connections.

Thank you for the help :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts