Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I havent started the bike in about a month so decided to crank it up real quick and oil gushes out of where the front sprocket would be if it wasn't currently off awaiting a new washer and nut, is this normal and im stupid or is this really abnormal and im screwed? :mad:

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
This isn't all that unnormal, and you're not screwed. There's a seal there that can go bad relatively easily on a 660, 99% chance that all you need to do is replace that.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think i found it, it wasnt pushed all the way into the tranny maybe that will fix it

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how would i go about replacing that seal

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
aside from buying a new one and just throwing it on is there anything special that i should do or should i just throw it on and let it ride?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Look at the sleave that the seal rides on, it may be developing a groove where the seal rides. It's the part that the sprocket is held agienst. When replacing the seal don't push it in thinking there is a shoulder for it to rest agienst, there isn't. Just push it in till it's flush with the trans case. You should almost be able to push it in with your fingers.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks man really appreciate all the help, I am trying to get it back on the trails b4 thanksgiving, we use it as an excuse to shoot guns and ride all day :thumbsup:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yep that fixed it, now to get it back on the road and only 3 days before thanksgiving :grin_nod:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am having the same issues, instead of starting a new thread I figured I would just bring this one alive and make sure.

I attached the page of the owners book that I THINK is the O-Ring you all are talking about. Could someone please confirm if #5 is the O-Ring that you are stating should fix this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,743 Posts
First, you should start your own thread.

If your speed sensor is leaking, that is correct. But this thread is about a sprocket seal. Get the page for the sprocket area. There may be one "O" ring, and one seal. During assembly, pack everything with grease.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.