Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I'm new to the forum. I just got an 07 Rappy and I'm starting to think about mods. Anyways I was looking at the FMF Powercore 4 with the power bomb header. Any suggestions would be great.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I think that FMF has made some quality improvements since the good old days of rusting and rattling apart.

I had their Megamax II slip-on on a 98 Wolverine and rode the piss out of it in mud, water, snow, etc... I never had any issues with it rusting or even degrading in appearance. Although...I do a pretty good job of cleaning things up after I go riding. I had my concerns when I bought mine...but it served me well for 5 years and 2 sets of new packing.

That being said... I'm sure it's a decent pipe. The Powerbomb header will work with all the other slip-on pipes...so you've got a lot of other (better reputation) choices out there than the Power Core 4.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Back in 98 I had a set of FMF pipes on a Banshee, and one of the cores slid out of the silencer.

I was going to put a set of Toomeys on, but my porter steered me on to FMF Fattys. They were flawless in the years to come. I had an FMF exhaust on my YZ 250 and it was flawless.

As far as suggestions, get a programmer\EFI controller, a Pro Design intake, and leave the lid off unless your going in water. The stock fuel injection does not compensate for any mods to the intake or exhaust.

Other than that, there are things you can do to suit your taste. I put on a twist throttle and 6 pack rack for starters.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I def. plan on doing a power commander when I get the exhaust. I was looking at the GYTR as far as the intake goes. What do you think?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I got the FMF powerbomb header on mine, as do a couple of other members. We like them, and have never had a problem. Nothing but good things to say about it!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How do you like the pro design intake? Did you have to remove you lid to run that?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
JZRaptor700R said:
How do you like the pro design intake? Did you have to remove you lid to run that?
I love the prodesign intake, and yeah...I removed my lid so that I would get the biggest difference....I however just moved to the EHS racing lid, which is just like running NO lid and really like it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As I've been reading around I've read that the Pro Design and GYTR are muc alike. Is this true? Im 20yrs old and buy everything on my own dime and don't mind spending the money either way, like everyone else I want the best there is and want to do it the right way to get the best performance.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
JZRaptor700R said:
As I've been reading around I've read that the Pro Design and GYTR are muc alike. Is this true? Im 20yrs old and buy everything on my own dime and don't mind spending the money either way, like everyone else I want the best there is and want to do it the right way to get the best performance.
Trintiy, GYTR and prodesign all make nice intakes. I dont think there is much diff o nthe adapters. The filters differ alittle between the gytr and the trinity/prodesign

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.