Raptor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had a frozen pilot screw on my carb and in the process of extracting it i removed most of my thread off of my carb. if you look hard at the picture there are about two rows of thread all the way down at the bottom but is missing tell that point. i am trying to figure out if i can use a helicoil. if i can i am looking to find what thread pitch the pilot screw has on it. there might be an easier way and if there is i would be happy to hear. thanks for looking

Attachments

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
i had a frozen pilot screw on my carb and in the process of extracting it i removed most of my thread off of my carb. if you look hard at the picture there are about two rows of thread all the way down at the bottom but is missing tell that point. i am trying to figure out if i can use a helicoil. if i can i am looking to find what thread pitch the pilot screw has on it. there might be an easier way and if there is i would be happy to hear. thanks for looking
Good luck with finding a helicoil of that size and pitch............Look on Ebay for a good set of carbs............

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was able to take a new pilot screw and thread it down in i dont know if it is going to leak yet. there must have been a little bit of meat left on the carb walls for it to grab. he

·
Registered
435 Posts
6mm x .5 is the thread pitch

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just had this problem with mine. 6mm x .5 thread. I had to order the tap online. No one around here had one. Everything worked out just fine for me. I got it off of Amazon.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for everyones help so far. the carb is leaking at the pilot screw so i guess there was not enough meat to hold it. i will be looking in to ordering a tap to try and re thread the carb. I know that the raptor carbs can use some dial a jets on it but im not sure the brand that will fit. if anyone has any idea thanks for the help

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
thanks for everyones help so far. the carb is leaking at the pilot screw so i guess there was not enough meat to hold it. i will be looking in to ordering a tap to try and re thread the carb. I know that the raptor carbs can use some dial a jets on it but im not sure the brand that will fit. if anyone has any idea thanks for the help
http://www.onlyatv.com/dialajet.php

Very bottom of the page.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sorry i was thinking the wrong name for the product i want. i want the air fuel mixture screw that you can adjust with out taking your carbs off the boots. they are longer than the stock pilot screw and have a knob on the end to twist

·
Registered
435 Posts
if your buying the 6mm x .5 tap you may be screwed because when your drilled out the old screws you removed the material that was there for the 6mm x.5 thread. best bet is going to be to find a set of used carbs on here or ebay.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks limited i will order that tomorrow. it would be nice if i can just get the air fuel screws but if not i will bight the bullet for the ease of jetting. im getting new carbs for the other problem

·
Registered
80 Posts
I made an insert out of a 5/16-24 hex head bolt. drilled & tapped the center of the bolt (on a lathe) for 6mm x .5 for the adjustment screws. We then set up the carbs in a mill checking several times that we were perfectly in line with the hole in the bottom for the adjustment screw. Drilled & tapped the carb for the 5/16-24 bolt, being sure NOT to drill to the bottom of the original fuel screw hole!!! Test assemble, & red locktight the bolt in. & WALLA! This all of couse is only possible with a machine shop.. so best of luck.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I have a set of extended fuel screws if ya want...$$25 shipped in the state's

1 - 16 of 16 Posts