Raptor Forum banner

101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
but you dont think its a top end issue? thats all im hoping is its not piston and rings i really have no more money to throw at this thing. And is the plug still indicating lean?

·
I am unique
22,619 Posts
About the knock, did you check all hardware, such as engine mounting bolts, to make sure they are tight, this can cause weird noises such as knocks, check the one over the head, and at the lower front of the engine............

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
The one over the head i know is tight as i just had the valve cover off but i will have to look at that further... Never really thought of that. The first guy i had look at the bike ran it with the upper mount off and he mentioned something about the motor moving way more than he thought it should meaning possibly the lower motor mount bolts were loose and he said they didnt look factory. Boy wouldnt that be sweet. Somehow just have a bad feeling but i will check and post back. Thanks again willy so far you are a life saver!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
the bolts are definately not factory bolts. but they are as tight as i can get them and it made no difference....

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had the same problem after getting my carb cleaned replacing the needle and seats also haveing the the valves adjusted checking my compression it finally ran

·
I am unique
22,619 Posts
the bolts are definately not factory bolts. but they are as tight as i can get them and it made no difference....

You might want to try this with the engine running, rev up the motor up until you hear the knock and grab the front lower motor mount annd feel if it is making any weird vibrations and or noise, or put a pry bar in there and do the same with the engine running and twist the motor mount and see if there is an difference in noise.................

·
Registered
196 Posts
quick question for ya, i rode my quad all day, it was running great, jets are a bit small so i know it runs a bit lean, came how for about 5 mins, go back out to start it, and it wouldnt go, tried push starting it, nothing... it just sits there and the started keeps cranking it, theres exhaust coming out, so its not the one-way, did my plug foul out?

101 - 113 of 113 Posts