Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 07 raptor, completely stock and I really would like to get some tips from anyone who is willing to help to make my bike alot faster, because I have a friend that has a honda 450r and he is beating my bike and he just added a couple little things to his bike to make it faster. But please anyone help me, because I really would like to make my bike a hell of alot faster!!!!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I suggest the basic exhaust/header, intake, remove your lid, get a fi controller and add the 15t sprocket. You will pull a honda 450 after those. 8)

I beet my brothers lightly modded 450 everytime.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
gsmoove said:
what exactly does the power commander do? and how do I use it?
It controls how much fuels is added to the engine at certain times. You can buy it from certian places all mapped out for you so you dont have to tune it to your mods and installation isnt that hard.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
The stock Raptor is corked up pretty bad from the factory.

1) Get a DynoJet Power Commander PCIII ($259) from fuelmotousa.com Make sure you have all your other parts lined up and tell Jamie what you have. He will load the good base map into it for you.
2) Take the airbox lid off, and leave it off. (Freebee. Comes with a frisbee)
3) Get a good intake. I use the ProDesigns Pro=Flow with a Uni type filter. ($100)
4) Put a good pipe on it. HMF, Sparks, CT Racing, DMC Duals, LTE Duals. ($450 to $725) Low buck option is no pull out the factory spark arrestor (comes with a free allen bolt) and replace it with a Pheonix Tip ($65) Thats not as powerfull as a full exhaust, but it is an improvement over stock.
5) Put a 15 tooth front sprocket on it. ($9)

When you race from a standing start begin in 2nd gear. Do not wind it out. The Raptor is a torque machine not a whizzer horsepower machine. Short shift the quad. Shift between 5000 and 6000 RPMS. The Raptor has no power after 6000 to 6500.

Turn and wave goodbye to all the 450's unless they have SERIOUS motor mods. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
200 Posts
BJH said:
When you race from a standing start begin in 2nd gear. Do not wind it out. The Raptor is a torque machine not a whizzer horsepower machine. Short shift the quad. Shift between 5000 and 6000 RPMS. The Raptor has no power after 6000 to 6500.
Even just doing this /\ will make a big difference on your stock bike. Next time your out with that 450R, practice your short shifting and most likely you'll see an improvement.......... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
37 Posts
I agree with everyone else here. First, you need to get intake and exhaust. If you don't have the money, you can buy a high flow exhaust tip($45.00,ebay), and a high flow air filter. Just remove your airbox lid(when you do this, you should get a "pre-filter" as well) and you'll def. notice the difference. Down the road, i suggest getting an aluminum airbox, full exhaust, and a power commander. (don't forget to put that 15 tooth front sprocket on there and unplug your speed sensor :thumbsup:)

·
Registered
534 Posts
help to make my bike alot faster, because I have a friend that has a honda 450r and he is beating my bike and he just added a couple little things
I always get a kick out of why people want to mod their bikes.
Envy is the emotion that is the hardest to control :lol:
Dude, I am probably in the minority here but I must tell you some one is going to come along that is way better and faster than you, then what are you going to do?

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Markcuda said:
help to make my bike alot faster, because I have a friend that has a honda 450r and he is beating my bike and he just added a couple little things
I always get a kick out of why people want to mod their bikes.
Envy is the emotion that is the hardest to control :lol:
Dude, I am probably in the minority here but I must tell you some one is going to come along that is way better and faster than you, then what are you going to do?
Mod it some more until you beat him.. Duh?!?

·
Registered
213 Posts
buy my raptor so you can smoke the 450 with ease! :grin_nod:

·
Registered
54 Posts
i wouldnt get too crazy with intake and exhaust mods until after youve purchased a fuel controller. the longevity of your quad depends on it...

·
Registered
37 Posts
"I always get a kick out of why people want to mod their bikes.
Envy is the emotion that is the hardest to control
Dude, I am probably in the minority here but I must tell you some one is going to come along that is way better and faster than you, then what are you going to do?"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:stupid: :wtf: :???:First, why did you even buy a RAPTOR 700 in the first place? You sound more like a 400 EX owner or something. :lol: Step #1, practice riding more. The more you practice, the better/faster/stronger you will be. PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT, PERIOD. :thumbsup: Step #2, MODIFY MODIFY MODIFY. If you have the cash, then i say fu*k it! You did buy the raptor 700 for a reason didn't you? Why not get that BIG BORE kit? Why not get full exhaust/intake/powercommander? Why not build the FASTEST BADDEST MEANEST FUC*ING RAPTOR ANYONE HAS EVER SEEN?!! :satan: I don't know about anyone else here, but i modify my bikes b/c i can't stand to have a stock bike.(except for my 03 kx-250, which is going to get traded in for a KTM 525 in the spring) When i first bought my 700, i thought it was the fastest atv on the planet. After a few days, all of a sudden it wasen't fast enough anymore. I started with small things here and there, and the next thing i knew, i had already dumped $2500.00 plus into it. It's the same way with my R1, and I'm JUST GETTING STARTED! It's an addiction. I can't help it... :metal: :metal: :metal:

·
Registered
213 Posts
milfman said:
"I always get a kick out of why people want to mod their bikes.
Envy is the emotion that is the hardest to control
Dude, I am probably in the minority here but I must tell you some one is going to come along that is way better and faster than you, then what are you going to do?"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:stupid: :wtf: :???:First, why did you even buy a RAPTOR 700 in the first place? You sound more like a 400 EX owner or something. :lol: Step #1, practice riding more. The more you practice, the better/faster/stronger you will be. PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT, PERIOD. :thumbsup: Step #2, MODIFY MODIFY MODIFY. If you have the cash, then i say fu*k it! You did buy the raptor 700 for a reason didn't you? Why not get that BIG BORE kit? Why not get full exhaust/intake/powercommander? Why not build the FASTEST BADDEST MEANEST FUC*ING RAPTOR ANYONE HAS EVER SEEN?!! :satan: I don't know about anyone else here, but i modify my bikes b/c i can't stand to have a stock bike.(except for my 03 kx-250, which is going to get traded in for a KTM 525 in the spring) When i first bought my 700, i thought it was the fastest atv on the planet. After a few days, all of a sudden it wasen't fast enough anymore. I started with small things here and there, and the next thing i knew, i had already dumped $2500.00 plus into it. It's the same way with my R1, and I'm JUST GETTING STARTED! It's an addiction. I can't help it... :metal: :metal: :metal:
lowridin88 said:
Its a hell of an addiction and this site just adds fuel to the fire :eek:
no kidding... ive never wanted to dump so much money into anything in my life... i saving up now just for the big bore kit because all of a sudden, the raptor isnt as fast! :lol: I remember stock i was like whoa... then i put on the pipes intake dobeck etc, and i thought it had gotten so much faster. Its ridiculously fast now, but i know it can be even quicker and for some reason i need it to be. :help:

·
Registered
57 Posts
If they sold aftermarket parts for weedwackers I prolly would need them :lol: I'm just glad to see others with the same problems :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.