Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Raptor..
I cleaned my Gas tank w/ the hose and made sure it was dry befor putting back on!
I cleaned my CARBS, I cleaned them with the throttle still atached... I just sprayed Carb cleaner in it, all around in the everypart. and then used air in a can to dry it and push away the dirt...

My brother did it so im unsure of how exactly he cleaned them, I dont think he took the jets out or the float.

We changed the spark plug too, It was pretty WET up in the place... and the other spark plug was soaked so we put another one in..

We connected, it all back together... and put fresh gas into it..
When we tryed to start it it doesnt kick in at all, just zzzz zzzz zzzzz it wont TURN ON, and sometimes a BIG BANG comes out of the exhaust... WTF is WRONG..
ITS DRIVING ME NUTS?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Are you sure the motor is turning over. When you say "zzzz zzzz zzzzz" Does that mean that it is just the starter turning over and not the whole motor? If it is the whole motor then I told ya you needed to take your carbs down to nothing and clean them. If that still doesn't work pull the head off.

·
Registered
204 Posts
If it is just a buzzing sound coming from under your seat charge up your battery.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
DO NOT DOUBLE POST YOUR TOPICS. They only irritate people and force you to look in different places. Seriously though, stop doing it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
yep sounds like the battery.. check your connections are tight...
or charge it up :thumbsup:
that's if the sound is coming from under your seat...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts