Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all I don't normally get involved but I just can't take it anymore. I live here in NJ and we only have one legal place to ride. Beat huh? Well I just came accross this at the website and it just made me want to do some thing so that I can keep enjoying my raptor without having to drive for hours. Recently Paragon Park in PA was forced to shut down and there was nothing anyone could do. Well anyway what I would be asking would be for any or all who read this to send a very short handwritten letter to any of the people in the following letter explaining how important it is that we be given a legal area to ride in our state. If you chose to help fellow riders keep their right to a place to ride without hassle, maybe oneday we will be there to help you. I know that most people on this site are here to help each other. This would be a major help. If you do please be respectful in your letters. I am sorry to do this but I feel we are all in this sport together and sometimes without the help of others nothing can get done. Thanks

Here is the Letter.

** IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS **

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next Member Meeting: Saturday, February 24, 2007 6:30 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Letter to Our Members

We at the New Jersey Off Road Vehicle Park have been working with the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) for over 2 years to develop a new off highway vehicle park. This property located in Williamstown, Monroe Township is not only zoned for this use, but was an active mining site only a few months ago. This off-road facility is welcomed by the township so they can obtain an increase in taxes from the property as well as obtain an increase in sales for local businesses.

The Egg Harbor Water Shed and the Pinelands Preservation Alliance have again carried their agenda far beyond the point of reason. What this causes is the Pinelands Commission to become rigid and to try and further the misguided agenda of these groups. The Pinelands Commission is holding up the approvals for your enjoyment of off roading in a safe and responsible manner by holding our activity to the rigid standards of an active mine instead of recreation.

The Pinelands Commission controls over 1 million acres, NJORVP is asking to use 0.04% of that property. This minuscule off-road recreational area would have minimal impact on the environment and the pinelands in particular. The pinelands commission signed an agreement with us (NJORVP, Inc.) to assist in relocating the park by 2008. To this point the commission has reneged on this agreement.

We need to call, write and spread the word about these oppressive groups. Some of the most important people to contact are The DEP commissioner Lisa P. Jackson located at: 401 E. State St., 7th Floor, East Wing, P.O. Box 402, Trenton, NJ 08625-0402, Governor Corzine located at: Office of the Governor, PO Box 001, Trenton, NJ 08625, 609-292-6000, and the executive director of the Pinelands Commission John Stokes at: Pinelands Commission, PO Box 7, 15 Springfield Road, New Lisbon, New Jersey 08064, Phone: (609) 894-7300 Fax: (609) 894-7330.

If you choose to do nothing to further your off-road recreational rights, in 2008 you will be driving to another state to enjoy your favorite off-road recreational activity. In the coming month you will be able to find a few different versions of letters to send out. Please hand address and sign these letters. I have been told that if it looks like a form letter without the hand written address on the envelope it will go directly to the trash without even being opened. If you want to make a letter available to others just email it to me at [email protected].

Remember these facts: There is only 1 legal riding area in NJ and it will close in September of 2008. The Pinelands Commission agreed in writing to assist us in relocating within the pinelands. The pinelands master plan includes 1 riding park. Anytime you donate to an environmental group, you are assisting them in taking away your choice of off-road recreation

Regards,

The Board of Directors

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I'll write up a short little hand written letter for you guys. :thumbsup:

Ill send it out with tomorrows mail.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Is there any way to get an email address to send the letters to. Or organize an online letter that we could sign on? Just a thought.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't find any emails and the only thing about doing it that way is, they don't look at anything that looks like a form or chain letter. In the letter on the website it states to hand write it. This is not being asked if you feel that it puts you out. Only to those who feel like helping. Thanks to all who do. We pay an outrageous amount in property taxes here in NJ and we can't even get things like this for ourselves. I pay $10,000 a year in taxes and don't hunt or fish on state property so why can't I be entitled to state land. This is how many of us in NJ feel. i am sure you can understand it is frustrating. If it wasn't for family and friends I would pick up and move south or west. More riding areas, more land, more money in my pocket.

·
Registered
191 Posts
no it dont put me out..I just thought that I do know that mass email signatures, from all over can make a huge difference. There are to many people that dont care about your land in your area...which is a shame..cause if it can happen there, it can happen anywhere..and i am betting that the average age on this forum is fairly young...they might be more apt to sign an email petition(assuming they are of legal age to sign), instead of putting pen to paper...

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree. I am one to do email instead of paper, but unfortunately I don't have that info. Ya know not to mention if these people care so much about conserving trees then we should be emailing instead of paper. Don't get me wrong I feel we need to take care of the environment but these right wingers take everything too far. Thanks for any support.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts