Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2003 raptor 660

Been out all day on the quad and run brilliant all day on my way back opened it up in fifth and as i was slowing down couldnt select 5th had to press gearlever a few times and all of a suddon loud knocking noise from engine happens in nuetral with clutch in or out and gets faster the more i rev the engine i thought con rod bearings but then why would the gear changes be really hard?

Any ideas? hopefully not too expensive ive spent over £1000 on this quad in the last month :mad:

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
2003 raptor 660
Been out all day on the quad and run brilliant all day on my way back opened it up in fifth and as i was slowing down couldnt select 5th had to press gearlever a few times and all of a suddon loud knocking noise from engine happens in nuetral with clutch in or out and gets faster the more i rev the engine i thought con rod bearings but then why would the gear changes be really hard?

Any ideas? hopefully not too expensive ive spent over £1000 on this quad in the last month :mad:
Good question. It's possible something went wrong in behind the right hand crankcase cover since your shifter, clutch and gears are in there........

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive got the side casing off and checked for play or damage and cant find any its still in bits now took the clutch basket off. any suggestions on where to look? what is the chances of it being inside the gearbox? and what sort of price are parts for rebuild?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
ive got the side casing off and checked for play or damage and cant find any its still in bits now took the clutch basket off. any suggestions on where to look? what is the chances of it being inside the gearbox? and what sort of price are parts for rebuild?
If there isnt anything wrong in the shifter, then your problem is in the gear box....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just stripped the engine and found small end gone 2 valve marks on the piston yet to check the valves. conrod is worn and barrel and piston is scored soo i have to buy new piston, conrod, main bearings full gasket set and rebored
So anyone tell me the best ones too buy i want a medium build reliable/performance and best company to get them? im in the uk and cant find any suppliers with sensible prices probably going to import from usa

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
just stripped the engine and found small end gone 2 valve marks on the piston yet to check the valves. conrod is worn and barrel and piston is scored soo i have to buy new piston, conrod, main bearings full gasket set and rebored
So anyone tell me the best ones too buy i want a medium build reliable/performance and best company to get them? im in the uk and cant find any suppliers with sensible prices probably going to import from usa
Maybe you should look for a rebuilt engine. I do have one. If interested PM me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
got the quad back together at last started first time went for a ride and found that the gear lever moves up and down more than usual and when shifting it sometimes goes between gears like into nuetral
any ideas what this could be have i done something wrong when rebuilding it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts