Raptor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2003 Raptor 660 RR. I was cleaning it after riding and took the air filter off to clean it and put the hose in the box where the filter is. The guy at the Yamaha store said this is bad and that there could be water in the engine. What do I do to check or drain it? Does the oil need to be changed? Also someone said to change the spark plug? Any info would be great, I'm new to this and still learning a lot.

·
Registered
505 Posts
remove the spark plug and crank it over....maybe blow compressed air inside the plug hole before cranking to try and blow out as much water as possible. After this, change the oil in case some water made it in there.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I just bought a 2003 Raptor 660 RR. I was cleaning it after riding and took the air filter off to clean it and put the hose in the box where the filter is. The guy at the Yamaha store said this is bad and that there could be water in the engine. What do I do to check or drain it? Does the oil need to be changed? Also someone said to change the spark plug? Any info would be great, I'm new to this and still learning a lot.
Yoyu say you out the hose in the air box but did you put water in also............:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts