Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a member willing to show me how to do the swingarm swap. I'll have the +4 in about 10 days. I live between Portland and Salem,OR. I will pay for your gas, buy your lunch and pay you for your time. I don't want to take it to a shop and have it done cause I'll never learn anything.
If anyone with experience in this is interested please send me a PM.
thanks
mike

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
If I was closer I'd help you out no problem... I'm in Cali... :eek: a little far way!! :grin_nod: It's not that hard at all. If some one doesn't step up and come help... I'll post some instructions that can help you!! Take pictures and post your progress..

·
GO BIG OR GO HOME
2,254 Posts
Well that shouldnt be a problem helping you, since your right down the road. just PM me and we'll get together. OH yah those shocks make a huge!!! differance by the way thanx :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RaptorR said:
Well that shouldnt be a problem helping you, since your right down the road. just PM me and we'll get together. OH yah those shocks make a huge!!! differance by the way thanx :thumbsup:
Thanks man, I've got 4 weeks off from work starting real soon(wife's got baby on the way), so we could do it when it fit's your schedule.
thanks
mike

·
Registered
478 Posts
+4 swingarm is next on my list and was wanting to put it on myself as well. I have never put one on but cant imagine it would be too difficult. If you guys dont mind let me know when you are going to do it and I will help out and would love to learn too if it works out that I could make it. I am just up the road in west linn.
I just hate the thought of taking it too a shop to have stuff done that I know I can do myself just that I have never really worked on bikes until this one. Thanks

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
YellowistheFastest said:
+4 swingarm is next on my list and was wanting to put it on myself as well. I have never put one on but cant imagine it would be too difficult. If you guys dont mind let me know when you are going to do it and I will help out and would love to learn too if it works out that I could make it. I am just up the road in west linn.
I just hate the thought of taking it too a shop to have stuff done that I know I can do myself just that I have never really worked on bikes until this one. Thanks
Yeah, I'll call ya. Then we can both learn some stuff from RaptorR. Pm me your real name and phone#.
thanks mike

·
Registered
219 Posts
If you need any additional help (and you probably won't)... I'm just up the road in Clackamas/Happy Valley. I do all my own maintenance, everything from bolt-ons, bearing replacements, check/adjust valves, etc... I'll actually be doing my valves this Saturday, along with a few other things.

·
Registered
153 Posts
buy new swing arm bearing kits if you have not already. Rocky MTN has them for a decent price. Trying to reuse the ones in the stock is not worth the effort.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts