Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone im new on raptorforums.com can any one give me some insight on my problem? iv got a 06 rap7 and the cooling fan will not run ive done basic problem solvers on it and still no luck hot wired fan and it works checked relay and its good checked circut and circut plug and thats good so i checked the cooling wiring diagram and basicly found that the the nagative signal from the ecu that activates the cooling fan relay is not coming thru so when i ground that wire the fan will kick on and thats what i cant figure out and i checked the wire from ecu to relay and its all good and im not sure but i think the temp sensor is good because its turning on the overheating light on if any one can help me id greatly appreciate it im at the point ware i think my ecu is maybe the problem

·
Registered
191 Posts
I haven't read too many people having ecu problems. I would say pull your coolant temp sensor and ohm it out as outlined in the Service Manual (page 8-39). I would lean towards a bad sensor.

Good luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but if the overheat light activates when it gets hot wouldnt that mean that the sensor is good? and the other thing i forgot to add was that i put a new relay and relay plug because when i got the bike i noticed that the relay was cracked up on the side and th plug harnes kinda looked like it got hot olmest looked a little melted on some of the wires and the relay was no good because when i tried to activate it buy runining -and+ wires to it the would just heat up and melt the wires insted of making the basic clicking sound

·
Registered
191 Posts
So I just looked over the entire cooling system circuit, grounding the ecu output triggers the relay as you know. If you do that and it worked, everything in the system is working. I can't tell how the light ties in, appears to be a seperate circuit within the ecu that runs off the temps sensors input.

If the wiring was melted and relay cracked, there has to have been a short somewhere, if that is in fact the case then it is very possible that could have caused damage to the ecu. There is no 'safety' between the relay and the ecu to help protect against this. You said that the relay got hot when you applied power = internal short.

The temp sensor inputs to the ecu, the outputs are to the coolant light and the relay as you know already...maybe you do have a bad circuit in the ecu...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i think so thanks for offering your help thow i think im gona put in a temp sensor swicth to send a ground signal to the relay that will turn on at the temp i want it to
turn on at

·
Registered
191 Posts
if its a manual switch, just don't forget to flip it!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts