Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
2 Time (09,10) RF Fantasy FootBall Champ
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I was dragging at the sand dunes this weekend testing out my recent mods and was very impressed with my current setup!

However, I let my brother-n-law try it out. On his second pass, when he went to take off the bike had nothing.
It seems to be shifting through gears ok, but the front sprocket never moves. I have tried every gear and reverse; and nothing...
The engine revs up and sounds fine. There is no funny noises like a stripped gear either. It is almost like the clutch is stuck and won't release?

Anyone seen this before and have any ideas of what it might be? I will be converting the bike back to stock and taking it to the dealer. Should be covered under 6 month warranty.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Clutch is burned up.My brother in laws did that a few week ago at the Dunes same thing....He took it in and they replaced the clutch.Its not a warrenty item. so your looking at a $250 dollar bill. :unsure:

·
2 Time (09,10) RF Fantasy FootBall Champ
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You were right king, it was the clutch. They said it was burned till it was blue.

They said that it had to be happening over time. I explained to them that it never slipped at all, then all at once it quit. After a little persuasion, they covered it all under warranty. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Just curious here and I don't want to start the great oil debate but...What oil have you been using and how often have you changed it?

Also does your clutch lever have any free play in it? How many hours do you have on te quad?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
crazy to hear! there are several people on here with a lot more power than me and they have not had any problems with burning the clutch!
I ride mine pretty damn hard and it hasnt given once.

Still running the stock 04 yfz clutch plates too....had a lot of power going threw it at one point.

Not sure what to tell ya?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.