Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07 Raptor 700. When I lay on the throttle it revs up real high but does not respond like it should. It revs up high and it lost all of its get up and go. Any ideas on what the problem could be???

Thanks!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I just got through reading signs of a bad clutch and it sounds like that is most likely the problem. I saw a write up on how to change the clutch. Is this a tough job? Also, all I have done is the big 3, what is the best clutch kit to get? Is a clutch kit all I need? I mainly just ride trails and dirt drag.

Thanks!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Buy an oem clutch from TQS. Tell him you want a full first fiber, not a half fiber. I believe all the raptor clutches he sells use the full fiber anyway. And if you want some extra holding power get the heavy duty clutch springs too.

·
Registered
311 Posts
dl700,TQS or kb can take care of that,tell them you need the clutch fibers, gasket and 10%+ springs,they know what you need,personally i got them from TQS,they was all 7 yfz clutch fibers,gaskets and springs,nothing fancy .holding great with 53hp big 3 and 22 tires

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
Nope, that tool is just for replacing the basket. Wouldn't hurt to buy a cheap torque wrench though just to be sure. I got one new from Harbor Freight for $20. It's worth the piece of mind. :)

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
If you order your kit through TQS, Steve has stated that he includes all full fibers for kits ordered for a 700. Get the heavy duty springs while you are at it.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Should I go with the 10% stronger springs or the 30%? I talked to the guys at TQS and they recommend the OEM Clutch fibers. Do I not need to replace the steel plates as well?

Thanks guys

·
VIP
1,070 Posts
The fibers are all that should need replacing as long as you did not overheat the steels and warp them, which can happen.

You can get the 30% springs for better clamping force, but your clutch pull will be alot harder. I have used 3 stock springs and 3 stiffer springs on my Banshee with good results.

You need to stop dragging so often, as you're slipping the clutch too much and wearing out the fibers. I am still on my stock clutch in my 660 and it's nearly 11 years old, so your clutch could last that long too, but it's all about how you ride it.:)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts