Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant get the nut off of the right rear axle that holds the hub on. The manual says that it is torqued to 145 ftlb. I tried using an impact gun at 115 psi on a 10gal air tank and it still wont come off. The nut should turn counter clockwise to come off right? I tried to tighten it then losen it and that still didn't help.

vid of me trying to remove it
http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i195/stonny9/?action=view&current=raptoraxle.flv
I have to replace my rear brake disc.

G

·
What you can try doing is using a pipe wrench as a back-up wrench on the axle nut or have somebody hold the other tire for leverage. A breaker bar has always worked for me. I would try that before using the air tools.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was 17(now23) and a firework with the power of 1/2 stick of dynamite blew up 2 feet in fron of my face. I lost my right eye and now have a prostetic eye. I didn't get anymoney from the accident as the guy I bought tem from didnt have any assets.

edit I also blew my right ear drum and now have 24/7 ringing in my right ear.

I dont want to know what my insurance paid prob 50K+

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fullthrottleSE said:
What you can try doing is using a pipe wrench as a back-up wrench on the axle nut or have somebody hold the other tire for leverage. A breaker bar has always worked for me. I would try that before using the air tools.
the axle is not spinning as I have the parking brake on

G

·
Try getting a long breaker/cheater bar and take it off that way. I removed the parking brake, but I would always have someone hold the rear brake, I never had trouble using the breaker bar because you can get alot more leverage.

·
Registered
113 Posts
stonny9 said:
I was 17(now23) and a firework with the power of 1/2 stick of dynamite blew up 2 feet in fron of my face. I lost my right eye and now have a prostetic eye. I didn't get anymoney from the accident as the guy I bought tem from didnt have any assets.

edit I also blew my right ear drum and now have 24/7 ringing in my right ear.

I dont want to know what my insurance paid prob 50K+
Ouch, sorry to hear that. I thought it was quad related. Good to hear you're doing better now though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts