Raptor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of Elka Stage 3 shocks front and rear. Im taking my bike out for the first time since having them installed. There are like 30 clicks of compression and like 50 clicks of rebound. I really dont feel like adjusting the suspension all day tomorrow. anyone have a good starting point to work from??

·
Registered
112 Posts
Get a tape measure. Get someone to help you. Gear up in all riding gear. Get out the elka instructions that came in the box.

1. Turn the wheels full lock to the left, then right, then back to center. Bounce twice on the atv.

2. Measure from the front most point of the frame to ground and record measurement.

3. Measure from just in front of the foot peg to the ground and record that measurement.

4. You want 1/2" difference from front to rear of the machine. To obtain the proper pre-load either turn the pre-load collar down or up. Make sure both front shocks are the same amount.

5. Set the compression (if 30 clicks) set the compression at 15 out from all the way in.

6. Set the rebound (if 50 clicks) set the rebound at 25 out from all the way in.

That is a good starting point. If you need some help please feel free to contact me. Tel: 712-621-5191 or e-mail: [email protected].

Josh
WiigStyle Racing Suspension

1 - 3 of 3 Posts