Raptor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a stock 2007 Raptor 700, it seems to idle ok and runs like normal for about 2 minuets. As soon as it starts to warm up it still idles, then when given throttle it bogs and will eventually shut off if you keep giving it throttle. I bought it running this way as the air filter was very dirty and had mice in it thinking that was the problem. I have since put a new filter in, new spark plug, drained gas and cleaned tank, installed new fuel pump. Previous owner said he put a new TPS and on a new injector. With all that being said, I am at a bit of a loss as what to do next or why this could be happening?

Any feed back appreciated.

Thanks!

· Registered
295 Posts
Hmmm I'd probably check for vacuum leaks next then. Everything tight and in good shape on the intakes ?

Like where the intake connects to the air box, for example (and to the engine)

BTW when it starts bogging and dying, is it smoking or making a gurgling sound?

Or just bogging and nothing else? (in which case that would be just not getting enough fuel most likely.)

· Registered
2,645 Posts
Try adjusting the throttle position sensor. Just because its new, doesnt mean its set right...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its just bogging and nothing else happens. The only reason I did not think it was vacuum issues was because it starts and revs normal for a minute or two.

I also cleaned the hose running from the pump to the injector, when I pulled the hose there was pretty good fuel pressure so I was thinking it was getting enough fuel.

· Registered
295 Posts
Would it rev normal for a little while if TPS was off at all?
I HIGHLY doubt it :)

It doesn't blow bubbles out of the radiator if you take off the radiator cap and start the engine, does it?

You have to let it idle long enough to warm up and open up the thermostat to thoroughly check this though (just take radiator cap off when it is COLD, and then start it up, then let it just sit and idle for 5 or 10 minutes, and look for air bubbles coming out of the coolant (where you took the radiator cap off.)

That will tell you if your head gasket is leaking (or warped head)

I have a funny feeling its NOT that though.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was thinking it wasn't head gasket either. The oil is clean and so is coolant, I checked that out before purchasing. I am thinking it is some type of sensor issue but I have no clue what it could be.

I will check for bubbles in a little while on my lunch break though.

· I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,388 Posts
Start and let it idle for 2 minutes before giving any throttle. Will it start back up after it dies?

Yes, check the TPS adjustment per your manual.

What color is the new plug? White, brown or black?

Check the gas cap vent, should be able to blow in. I say this a lot since it's been a common problem in the past.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM.

· Registered
295 Posts
Start and let it idle for 2 minutes before giving any throttle. Will it start back up after it dies?

Check the gas cap vent, should be able to blow in. I say this a lot since it's been a common problem in the past.
Oya I totally forgot about that one :)

I've had engines run like CRAP (AFTER running for a couple minutes) from a gas cap vent being totally clogged.

As the engine runs and tries to get fuel from the tank, it builds up a vacuum in the gas tank because the vent is clogged, and eventually it wont get any (or hardly any) fuel to your engine.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No bubbles from the Radiator, also I could blow through the gas cap vent.

I am going to swap fuel pump assemblies with my other raptor 700 that is running up to par and see if that makes any changes. If not, I guess I will move onto the injector and double check the TPS.

· Registered
3 Posts
My 2014 raptor 700 R is idling fine but when I give throttle it dies and chokes out. I replaced tps fuel pump spark plug snd oil drain and replaced gas tank and have plenty of gas at the fuel rail but seem as though it not getting it at the injector. Help

1 - 15 of 15 Posts