Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ordered a new Houser stearing stem that has anti vibe clamp with no place for the ignition switch, I am going to attempt to put the ignition switch over to the front fender. I ordered a reverse lever to go on the handlebars. I searched but didn't come up with much. :unsure: If anyone can post how to route the cables/electric wires to get to the fender it would be appreciated. Also how hard to change over the Reverse from the fender to the bars? I ordered mine from sweetquads, should be here on Monday... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
It's very easy. Use the plastic piece that the key switch is into make a cut out in the Dr D reverse lever plug for the fender. Cable routing is easy and straight forward. I would take the plastics off. I also used a rubber washer from plumbers section of home depot for the securing of the key to the fender. All in all very easy if you have any questions. pm me

·
Registered
410 Posts
I would think the key switch might get wet when installed in the fender......

Anyone have an issue with this?
I want to do it myself!

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I have 3 other quads with key switches in fenders, all of the switches are sealed and the connections also. Never had a problem with them gettting wet etc....

·
Registered
410 Posts
Duane said:
I have 3 other quads with key switches in fenders, all of the switches are sealed and the connections also. Never had a problem with them gettting wet etc....
Cool....thats what I wanted to hear!

Thanks
Slim

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Depending on how the switch mounts, my honda and dinli are push in switches so I had to drill a holethe exact size and notch the holes for alignment tabs, my kawi has a retaining nut, so I just pushed the switch from the bottom and screwed the nut on. Like I said, I've never had a problem with doing this, but it might be a good idea to put some clear rtv (Silicone II from Home Depot would work great) over the connectors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts