Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys was riding my 08 700 on the track and everything was fine but all the sudden the engine just quit running. All the lights and everything comes on and the starter turns over but it wont start. I changed the spark plug and it does the same thing. Would it be the rectifier maybe? It has a pc5 but the map is the the exact corresponding mods! I want to get back on the dirt!! :( Help would be greatly apretiated!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would it maybe be vapor lock? i found a thread on ************ forum. And earlier that day my gas cap 1 had gas on it that sounded like it was bubbling and 2- 20 min later had more gas on the cap it somehow...

·
The UK's fastest Raptor
1,188 Posts
don't know much about vapour lock. Have you checked to see if there is a spark. Just take the plug out put the lead back on it and hold it to earth (engine casing), crank it over and see if it sparks. If it does, then it possible it's a fuel problem.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok.... now i really need help! I did everything and as a last resort pulled off my pc5 and it started immediatly.... and i noticed that when the pc5 is on at really low rpms it would just die which it doesnt when its off. And its got the exact map with the corrosponding mods on it.... so im stumped.:confused: no error codes nothing. im located in near galveston, tx so south tx...

·
Registered
64 Posts
What mods do you have done. Sounds like the map could be wrong. Give a list of ur mods and I'm sure someone here will have a map for it and you could try that to see if it helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts