Raptor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, Happy new year to everybody! And I wish a year full of rides and fun moments to you all.

I was trying to autotune my bike, since Dyno are too far from my home and I have the Autotune. A nice guy send me the map he is using to have a close starting point since his bike has almost same mods as mine. My bike Its a Raptor 700 2015 and It have an Empire Full Exhaust, ProDesign Proflow foam Air filter and Intake, Airbox Lid ON and PCV with Ignition table and I also disconnected the hoose coming from the AIS valve to the Intake tube and put a cap in both tubes (its an easy way to make an AIS delete to dont mess with fresh air the Autotune). Attached Is current my Fuel and Ignition map so you can take a look on it. Keep in mind I connected the Autotune to a switch, so I can turn it "on" and "off" as needed, I allways turn it off before full release the throttle.

I read a lot in forums and facebook, and watched a lot on youtube also and I couldnt find a final answer, so I want to know if im using the Autotune correctly, Im running it this way:

I connected a small computer to the PCV so I can see in real time when I ride how its working. I set the throttle speed limiter to 2%, I run from gear 1 to gear 5 time enough to be able to see the Air/Fuel ratio runing stable at 13.2 as its set in the Target A/F Ratio. I switch off the Autotune (without releasing the throttle) and park the bike. After that I "Get the map", "Accept all trims", and "Send it" to the PCV. Next step is set the throttle speed limiter to 5%, run from gear 1 to gear 5 and all the same precess until I reach the 100% throttle. As I see, doing this process this way I can run in all the RPM ranges possible in all the Throttle percentaje possible. Im doing it right or Im doing it wrong? I also dont know If I should run in a flat road or on a hill to load more duty on the engine or downhill or if I need to do it in all the 3 conditions. (For now I did it in all the 3 conditions).

The questions are:
1) Im using the Autotune the way it should or not? If I need to change something please let me know.

2) Should I run it in a Flat road, Uphill or Downhill or on the 3 before conditions?

3) Should I dissable the Ignition Table or not?

4) The Air/Fuel Ratio its set to 13.2 from the 2%-100% throttle in all the cells. Only in the 60-100% throttle AND from 4000rpm and above are set to 13.0. Its fine the A/F Ratio Target?

5) Should I set some AFR Target to the 0% Throttle column or not? (its "0" right now)

6) I saw a video from Dynojet Youtube channel that said the AFR Target column 2% and 5% should be set "0" as defautl. The example was on a Harley Davisdon bike, that also applys to the Raptor 700 or not?

7) Today I rode with the Airbox Lid OFF to make a map to ride without the lid and when I hit the 6500rpm and to 8500rpm the bike make some hesitation, its was like the injector stop feeding the engine for a small fraction of a second, It happend several times. Its that a sign of Detonation because of a bad Timming table or not?

I want to let you know I will share my maps if anyone request for it, just email me to: [email protected]

Well, any help it will be very much appreciated, thanks to you all!

Attachments

·
Registered
817 Posts
You should do it on the trail/road where you'd normally drive it as you would drive it. No need to limit the throttle or anything because otherwise you'll calibrate it for those conditions and those conditions are not the ones you'll be driving with. Let the autotune do the work. Also don't turn it off. There is no need for that. Just set a 1min delay for it before it starts reading values.
Your map seems about right. I have Target AFR set to 0 on 0, 2 and 5% of throttle and fuel on ~23 on 0% so it runs cooler when on idle otherwise my pipes start to glow real bright.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should do it on the trail/road where you'd normally drive it as you would drive it. No need to limit the throttle or anything because otherwise you'll calibrate it for those conditions and those conditions are not the ones you'll be driving with. Let the autotune do the work. Also don't turn it off. There is no need for that. Just set a 1min delay for it before it starts reading values.
Your map seems about right. I have Target AFR set to 0 on 0, 2 and 5% of throttle and fuel on ~23 on 0% so it runs cooler when on idle otherwise my pipes start to glow real bright.
Thank you BlackSupra for take the time to read and answer my post I really appreciate the help here. I turn the Autotune off before release the throttle because the PCV and Autotune dont know if its under acceleration or on desceleration, and when you descelerate the autotune make a mess in the mixture, that is what Daniel Loveridge (Mr. Cuervo Racing) said in a video, and Also I can confirm it in real time when I ride and see the computer attached to my handlebars. Would you mind to send me your map so I can compare with mine? my email is: [email protected]
By the way, did your fan cooler turn on easily when you iddle the bike even with the 23% fuel in the ¨0¨ column? For example when you ride in a road and you need to stop by a traffic light.

Any other comments guys? all are very wellcome

1 - 3 of 3 Posts