Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bent a tie rod and i think the ball joint today and I need some advice to order ASAP. One company has the lonestar but no ends, and rockymtn has tusk kit only for 105 thats with ends and ties. What to do?

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I beleive the tusk are made from chromoly. Anyway the only ones I could find in stock were the Tusk so i ordered them, the kit with two rods and four ends was 110 shipped 3day. Will get them thur. RIght now I have the plastics off, the tank off,and I am getting ready to put the new stem, bars, Reverse lever, case saver and thur the new tie rods.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Have you tried the American Star Racing tie rods/ends? They are heim style and come with lifetime free replacement no questions asked.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Re: Help which type of tie rods? need to order asap. Rockymountain only has tu

You have to work very hard to hurt OEM rods. Why not go with them again?

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I didn't even hit anything and I bent my rod just landing on the front wheel funny. I have had aftermarket tie rods for 9 months and in races clipped trees, other quads tires, and rocks and they are still perfect. I would say the stock tie rods are a weak link. Go with a quality brand. RICKY STATOR makes a set with zerk fittings on the ends - nice product.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.