Raptor Forum banner

Help with Carb needle set!

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  1MACHINE 
#1 ·
Ok guys i am pretty new when it comes to ATVs. I made the mistake and took apart the carb thinking i knew what i was doing. Well i have everything back to gether except the needle set top portion. I have two little washers, one small white washer, a little and big spring, a little pin etc. I have no idea how all of those little pieces go back on that damn pin? Is there anybody that could explain or have a video or pictures of this? I would greatly appreciate it!! Thanks!

#6 · (Edited)
I'm sure you already have it back together by now but here is a pic of a CV carb just like what is on the Raptor for example, the white washer goes on the needle jet, between the C-Clip and the slide, the metal washer should go on the topmost part of the needle, heres a little advice if you want quicker throttle responce, the big long spring that goes between the top black carb top and the slide, if you take wire cutters and snip 3 rings off of the spring, it will let the slide come up faster and your Raptor will take off alot quicker, hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.