Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an 05 Raptor 660 and it was leaking massive amounts of gas after I tried to clean it out. SO I guess I've learned my lesson becuase I messed up my 03 trying to clean it as well and ended having to pay someone to do it. But anyways so I figured I would just go and have it rejetted and what not.

Then they call me up saying that oil is bascically disappearing from where it should be but it is not leaking and that it is smoking really bad. Now when I started it at home I did notice that it was very low on oil but it had been sitting for like 6 months. So I filled it up and it did "disappear" pretty quickly but was not smoking. I didn't have anymore oil and was taking it to the shop anyways so I figured they could diagnois it for me.

I do have a fmf exhaust and huge pipes (not sure of the brand) from the front to back. And an aftermarket air filter.

But they want me to pay $90 for a diagnosis and then tell me that it MAY be the top end and it would cost $300 to tell me if it was actually the top end!!?? What? isnt that why I am paying the $90 for you to tell me exactly what is wrong? ???

Anways I was hoping somone on hear would have some possible answers as to why this would happen and what it could be.

ANy kind of advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced!!

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I have an 05 Raptor 660 and it was leaking massive amounts of gas after I tried to clean it out. SO I guess I've learned my lesson becuase I messed up my 03 trying to clean it as well and ended having to pay someone to do it. But anyways so I figured I would just go and have it rejetted and what not.

Then they call me up saying that oil is bascically disappearing from where it should be but it is not leaking and that it is smoking really bad. Now when I started it at home I did notice that it was very low on oil but it had been sitting for like 6 months. So I filled it up and it did "disappear" pretty quickly but was not smoking. I didn't have anymore oil and was taking it to the shop anyways so I figured they could diagnois it for me.

I do have a fmf exhaust and huge pipes (not sure of the brand) from the front to back. And an aftermarket air filter.

But they want me to pay $90 for a diagnosis and then tell me that it MAY be the top end and it would cost $300 to tell me if it was actually the top end!!?? What? isnt that why I am paying the $90 for you to tell me exactly what is wrong? ???

Anways I was hoping somone on hear would have some possible answers as to why this would happen and what it could be.

ANy kind of advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced!!

First it is quite the procedure to check the oil properly on a Raptor, you must allow the engine to run until hot, then check the oil level in the reservoir, it may be high or low if not checked in this manner, if you arent sure, drop the oil and install 2.3 liters and you will be safe and then check for smoking from the tailpipe................

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
OK I'll do that as soon as I get it back from the shop today. The oil was perfectlly fine last year before we stored it. ALso I stored it upright on the rear two tires through the winter. Not wure if that has something to do with it?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
OK I'll do that as soon as I get it back from the shop today. The oil was perfectlly fine last year before we stored it. ALso I stored it upright on the rear two tires through the winter. Not wure if that has something to do with it?
It shouldnt..............:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts