Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have an 804cc Raptor. I was very curious to hear about the gearing some of you may be running. Before the build, I was a 734cc and I ran the stock rear with a 15t front. The combo was perfect for my bike, pulled very hard and smooth all the way through the gear and I can easily do 2nd gear launches. Now with the addition of the 8mill crank it seems to be geared to high, which seem really odd to me.

I have 7 paddle extremes on Trexter Cases and I really do not want to replace the tires. I was hoping that I can simply fix the gearing?

I mainly ride the Oregon Dunes, Sand Lake and Winchester Bay.

let me know what gearing you run with an 8mill.

Thank you very much for any help.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I can't tell you what gearing to use, but a rule of thumb when gearing is 1 tooth on the front is equal to almost 2.5 on the rear. So use the rear sprocket for fine tuning.
Down in the front and up in the back will lower your gear ratio and visa versa

Do you want more low end or top end?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the wheel spin makes the most sense. I was told by a couple guys that have similar cc's to run the 15 front and 38 in the rear, but then add more paddles from the current number 7 to either 10 (for hill shoots and climbing) or 12 (for drag racing) paddles. This makes sense, I know I have about 18HP and a lot more torque, which may be causing my wheels to break loose, thus seeming to take off slower!

What do you think about this theory?

Thanks again to the both of you guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts