Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, i have an 03 raptor 660, with big bore kit, 102 JE piston, 11:1, Stage II Cam, Ferrera Racing Valve-1mm over size, With Heavy Duty Vavle springs, Port & Polished head. I would like to know what jetting i should be running, i live in Miami, FL, like sea level. Im currently running 180&185 on my mains, n 30 on both my pilots. I have my A/F screw at 2 1/2 turns out. And i Have dyno jet needles on 4th (left) & 5th (right)clip, im also running open lid. I punch my bike n it spudders. i think i have right jets just need to mess with my needles. Please help me, Also should i put my stock needles back on or stay with the dyno jet kit on, where should i have my needles, and is my jetting fine for my location, Thanks....

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
Are you using Mikuni jets or Dyno jets? Are you running with your lid on or off?

You should have your needle settings the same on both carbs, and stagger the jets.

30 pilots sound a bit large.

~Brian

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
are you saying you have 180 and 185 dynojet mains installed? If so, that is way to big.

27.5 pilots might be do better for you at about 2 turns out on the screws.
4th clip on both needles
I'd guess somewhere in the 165-175 (Mikuni jets) on the mains but that will be nearly impossible to tell with the porting, you should ask whoever did the porting for jetting recommendations.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im running mikuni jets, 180 n 185, n im running no lid, just k&n airfilter with outerwears

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
The 30 pilots are like having your mixture screw turned out to 4 turns or better. I'm willing to bet you're getting WAY to much fuel.

Drop in a 27.5 pilot and change your needle settings to where the left carb is equal to the right carb. The staggered jets compensate for the right carb flowing a bit more fuel. If your needle setting is on a higher clip on the right side, it's flowing too much. 2-2.5 turns on the mixture screw from fully seated would be fine.

Hope this helps-

~Brian

·
Registered
100 Posts
My bike has the same problem with my bike and I live in Miami also. The only difference is I do not have the same engine work. Motor is stock. I jetted at 180/185. My bike is at Right On Track. The mostly do street bikes, but my buddy is the mechanic. We have been messing with it for about a month. The bike hauls ass, but when I punch the throttle all the way it sounds like it is hitting the rev limiter. I have a stock rev limiter and an aftermarket. The stock sputters if you let the clutch go and the aftermarket hits the limit at around 6000 rpm. Let me know if you have any ideas.

Phil

1 - 6 of 6 Posts