Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello ::)

Hello, I just bought a new yamaha raptor 700r se 2012. All stock. And i am looking to increase my acceleration and top speed. I have an unlimited budget. Maybe you could tell me a list of parts I could focus on. Suspension. Swingarm. Everything to make my atv come out on top. Any advice you could give too. Also what are the top brands for everything.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I would start with Suspension. There is no need for lots of power if you can't get it too the ground. Maybe some good shocks, A-Arms, and a +2 swinger at least. As for the power side of it, it will all depend on what you plan to do with the bike. More info would make for it easier for everyone to give advice.

Type of Riding you plan on doing:
Do you want stock bore or big bore:
Amount of budget (Unlimited is unreal):

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I plan on racing through the woods with my friends. Also racing on dunes and such. Got 2,000 acres of pure racing fun. Planing on bring the dozer out and making some sick jumps. Racing period. anywhere.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
If I were you I'd do this:
11:5:1 cp tech piston
Stg3 hotcam or 5050
Port work (velociraptor)
Msd blaster
Fci intake w/box
Duals
Should be at or above 60hp with those mods, reliable also

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Tqsatv.com.

·
If you don't wreck, you don't ride
4,450 Posts
Like my DMC's and check out kbmotorsportsonline.com or just give Kenneth a call. I highly recommend him, and personally wouldn't buy from anyone else.

P.S.
Barkers and Monsters are also good for duals. If you get DMC's get the Force 4's. Good luck!

·
Registered
896 Posts
Fci intake w/box is the best on the market IMO

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok so i am running down my list.
so far im lookin a---

cam 5050
Msd blaster
Fci intake w/box
DMC's Force 4's
Lonestar Racing Axcalibar Racing Axles
DG Fat Series V-Pro Front Bumper
PRM Standard Grab Bar
Tusk Foot Peg Nerf Bars With Heel Guards
PRM Frame Skid
Precision Steering Stabilizer
Lonestar Racing Swingarm +2
K & N Oil Filter
K & N Air Filter

If i am missing something important or have something pointless and could do better lemme know

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
btw. i do not plan on installing these parts. and the only place where i live is the yamaha dealer so i will probably have them put them in for me. Should i trust them? or will i risk them tampering with it

·
Registered
99 Posts
Don't waste your time with a dealer! They know nothing when it comes to modifying a Raptor! Believe me I made that mistake. They warranty nothing and break your balls for tearing apart a good thing. Find a reputable builder on here to do everything. Their labor their parts their problem.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Lucky700r knows his stuff and is very helpful if your wanting to get your motor built and has a very good price. He has a nice setup for pretty cheap.

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Ok so i am running down my list.
so far im lookin a---

cam 5050
Msd blaster
Fci intake w/box
DMC's Force 4's
Lonestar Racing Axcalibar Racing Axles
DG Fat Series V-Pro Front Bumper
PRM Standard Grab Bar
Tusk Foot Peg Nerf Bars With Heel Guards
PRM Frame Skid
Precision Steering Stabilizer
Lonestar Racing Swingarm +2
K & N Oil Filter
K & N Air Filter

If i am missing something important or have something pointless and could do better lemme know
I would scrap the Tusk nerfs and go houser pro bounce

1 - 20 of 25 Posts