Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know nothing about paddle tires. there are 2 sets for sale locally. The first is Skat Trak 22x11x10, 10 paddle haulers on Douglas Blue Label wheels. The tires are new wheels used for$200. or a set a maxxis 4 snow on stock yfz wheels for $150.not sure on the size yet. but he still has them. I only want these for drag racing. i have stock gearing. one better than the other? wrong size? or what should i be looking for? thanks

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I know nothing about paddle tires. there are 2 sets for sale locally. The first is Skat Trak 22x11x10, 10 paddle haulers on Douglas Blue Label wheels. The tires are new wheels used for$200. or a set a maxxis 4 snow on stock yfz wheels for $150.not sure on the size yet. but he still has them. I only want these for drag racing. i have stock gearing. one better than the other? wrong size? or what should i be looking for? thanks
How do you know the tires are truly new? I ask because $200 for those Skats on wheels is a steal. Those tires are probably $130 EACH new. The Skat track is gonna give you tons more bite, probably too much for your build in signature. Don't know much about dragging. May want to let everyone know what type of surface also.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
If the drag racing is in sand and these are your only 2 options, go with the skats.

The 4snows are good but they belong on a harder surface or snow.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes it is in sand. i was more concerned about the tire size of the skats.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I see that you are in mo, are you going to be using those to race at little sahara, or 300 ft somewhere? 10pdl 22 are way to much tire for ls. I have run 9 paddles and it is to much without an arm.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Do not get a tire with a 10" wheel. I personally think Haulers are JUNK. We use only Gliders. Run a Glider with the correct wheel/paddle count, rollout and you will never go back to Haulers. Raptors don't rev like 450's and Haulers just add to the problem. Gliders have a smaller paddle and let a Raptor rev quicker and will launch hard and not lift the front end like a Hauler will.

·
Registered
240 Posts
A larger rim will typically weigh more than A smaller rim. An example would be a 22-11-10 paddle/rim assembly weighs more than a 22-11-8 paddle/rim assembly...so there is an advantage of less weight (less rotating mass) by running a smaller diameter rim. Larger diameter rims (10"+) are recommended for larger motors that are transmitting more power to the ground. A larger wheel size will minimize tire slip around the rim.

For your setup (depending on rider weight/sand conditions) I'd be looking for a 70 - 72 rollout 7 paddle Hauler on a 8x8 or 8x7 rim. I'd stay with either haulers or extremes or a hauler/glider combo...Gliders are faster on the top end and will show a higher mph due to less drag, but a high mph doesnt mean your crossing the line first. From my experiences gliders are hit and miss, sometimes they launch great and other times they just spin. Consistency is what you want in racing. Don't forget Tire pressure. Never disregard a tire until you have played with the pressure.

John @ SandToyzUnlimited.com - 818.500.7263

Dave @ FullertonSandSports.com - 714.484.5996

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
If it is a choice between just those two, then I would go with the haulers. If they are new like you stated, then $200 is a steal! You could always add more power later. :) Or if you wanted to, you could buy the haulers then resell them at a good profit if you decide you don't like them. Just a thought...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts