Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fianlly got my new sprocket and chain. how the hell do i get the front sprocket off???? HELP :mad: :help:

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
Make slack in chain by loosening 2 carrier bolts and turning out 2 adjustment bolts. Remove oem cover (2 bolts), bend tab away, loosen nut (32mm), remove nut and keeper washer. Then replace sprocket and reverse process.

In your case you'll throw the new chain on before readjusting and tightening down the carrier.

·
Registered
343 Posts
when removing the 32 mm nut step on yur brake or stick a pipe in your rotor to keep it from turning. sometimes the first time is a bitch. use a grinder to grind down pins in chain there is no maste link on stock chain. good luck

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
Good point jlraska. Whatever you do, don't put the bike in gear and use the resistance of the transmission to loosen the nut or tighten it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks again hopefully i can get it too work! im sure it will u guys are always a awsome help! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:mad: i cut the chain a link to short!!!!! it wont make it!!! god dam :eek: haha should i just buy a new chain>?

·
Registered
137 Posts
just add more master links man, it beats paying another 65 bucks :crazy:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Complete!!! new sproket and Chain! Thanks for the help 8)

·
Registered
137 Posts
just a quick how come, why shouldnt you use the resistance of the tranny to put on or take off the sprocket :3question:

·
Registered
137 Posts
good call :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.