Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 01 raptor and it won't go into gear. If you shift down into first it clicks like it is in gear and if you let of the clutch it just growls like it not engaged all the way. Please help!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Try adjusting your clutch linkage and shifter linkage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you can shift down to reverse and the light goes on but will not move and you can switch gear back up to first then second and if you switch to nuteral the light comes on but the engage and move if you get what i mean.

·
Registered
204 Posts
The 01's had a tranny problem. Could possible be it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe My buddy is looking at the Raptor. He is the one who was riding it when it happened. So he said he would take care of it. When the tranny goes you can't shift it right?

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
mine is doing the same thing. i recently had the motor out of the frame to weld some nuts on the frame. i put everything back together. put colant in and did an oil change. hooked up the reverse cable and the clutch cable just as i took them off. the bike will start but the neutral light stays on. i can feel it shift into all gears including reverse but the neutral light stays on and doesnt move. what have i done wrong? i dont even know where to start checking. what do yall think?

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
and i should add, the bike starts and revs perfect. no matter what gear the bike is in and it doesnt matter if the clutch is in or out the neutral light stays on.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
ok i got the bike to go in gear. i read a post by dez saying if the motor sits for a while with no oil the springs will press the oil out of the fibers. i pulled the clutch in and let it sit for a while and now it will engage in all gears. im still haiving issues with the neutral light. it stays on all the time and i feel like its a grounding issue. does it matter where the battery is grounded at? what about the green/white wire? theres another black wire that ive grounded with the green/white wire. if i unhook the black wire and the green/white wire the reverse light stays on. i dont understand what is causing the neutral light to stay on all the time?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
and i should add, the bike starts and revs perfect. no matter what gear the bike is in and it doesnt matter if the clutch is in or out the neutral light stays on.
Sounds like something wrong with the shifter mechanism at the shift drum.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
I've got the bike to go in gear. I'm still having issues with the neutral light. It's on continously. I feel like it's a grounding issue but I don't know where to start checking. Does it matter where the battery is grounded? I forgot where the factory ground location was so I grounded it to the engine case along with a green/white wire and black wire.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I've got the bike to go in gear. I'm still having issues with the neutral light. It's on continously. I feel like it's a grounding issue but I don't know where to start checking. Does it matter where the battery is grounded? I forgot where the factory ground location was so I grounded it to the engine case along with a green/white wire and black wire.

Remove the blue wire from the neutral switch to see if the light goes off.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,765 Posts
I don't know about the green white wire. But I would run another ground wire from the battery to the frame. Is there a single wire going to a connection on the underside of the motor. There should be a neutral switch on the motor somewhere. I'm not sure where it is on a 660.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
do the green/white wire and blue wire come together in a plug? i may have been mistaken when i said there was a black wire grounded with the green/white. the blue wire seems to be in a black sleeve. i honestly havent a clue where the neutral switch is? i think i remember reading it was by the front sprocket?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
do the green/white wire and blue wire come together in a plug? i may have been mistaken when i said there was a black wire grounded with the green/white. the blue wire seems to be in a black sleeve. i honestly havent a clue where the neutral switch is? i think i remember reading it was by the front sprocket?
Both switches are located in close proximity to the drive sprocket. The reverse has a bullet type connector whereas the neutral had a screw to hold the wire on.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
I'm retarded. When I was putting the motor back in the blue wire broke off the connector where it was grounded under the Phillips head. I put a new end on it, grounded it and didn't think twice about it. I honestly didn't even think about that being the neutral switch. Alls well now. Thanks yall

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I'm retarded. When I was putting the motor back in the blue wire broke off the connector where it was grounded under the Phillips head. I put a new end on it, grounded it and didn't think twice about it. I honestly didn't even think about that being the neutral switch. Alls well now. Thanks yall

I disagree. Retards don't ask questions. :D

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,765 Posts
That was fast. Glad you found it.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
I knew it was something dumb that I did. Thanks fellas

1 - 20 of 21 Posts